OSC/ Twenty

One Step Closer/ Twenty

                             Criss pulled up to the sidewalk, as Alonzo stepped out the doors. He opened the door, stepping inside the car…Alonzo planted a kiss on her cheek. “Hey…how are you feeling?”

                             “Okay, I guess,” answered Criss.

                             “You get in and out of your place okay?”

                             “Yeah,”

                             “How’s Austyn?”

                             “No change…she’s still out,” said Criss, as she kept her eyes glued to the road. Alonzo’s cell rang…he looked to it. “Shit!”

                              Alonzo pressed the end call button to send it to voicemail…a few seconds later it started to ring again. Criss looked to Alonzo, as he ignored it. “Answer it,”

                              “It’s Tracey,” he muttered, while propping his chin up with his hand. Criss observed him, as he sported a look on his face, telegraphing that he didn’t want to talk with her. The phone started to ring, yet again.

                               “You know she’s gonna keep calling,” groaned Criss. Alonzo looked to her rather strangely, then answered the call. “Wassup? Trace- you know Kylie is at my mother’s on the weekend…I just got off work. No, I’m not going to pick her up…I’ll bring her over on the weekday. I’m goin home…I gotta get some rest so that I can work tomorrow. Trace, stop trippin! I am not, trying to keep Kylie from you…I gotta go. Okay, whatever,”

                                He ended the call, letting out a sigh. The phone started to ring again, as Alonzo then pressed a series of keys. “There!”

                                “What did you just do?”

                               “I blocked her number,” laughed Alonzo, sarcastically. “She can’t even leave a message on my voicemail, now,”

                                They pulled into the parking spot for Alonzo’s townhome. Alonzo carried the bag to the door, while Criss unlocked the door. Alonzo started to walk in when he heard a voice call to him. “Hey!”

                                 He turned his attention to the guy who had sold him the gun, as he jogged to him. “I’m just letting you know…there were some strange ass niggas who came by this afternoon…they were in a Caprice, and I seen yo baby mama in the back seat,”

                                  Alonzo sighed, rolling his eyes.

                                  “They didn’t look like they were friends of yours,” said the guy. “So…you know what’s up. Look out for them niggas,”

                                   “Thanks, homie. Good lookin out for a nigga,” said Alonzo, givin him daps. The guy took a swig of his 40. “I’m just sayin, man…you a good guy, you go to work, you come home, and take care of yo lil girl. You have yo little sweet honey right there up over on the weekend, and you don’t start shit with nobody…that baby mama of yours is a fuckin loon, and she’s up to no good. You know that other day when I told you I saw her leavin yo spot, fussin? She came up on me, askin did I have any fuckin meth. I don’t sell that shit- just fuckin weed, mayne,”