Untitled Part 11

Isa P.O.V

Words couldn't even begin to describe how furious I was.

I was nothing but good to him throughout our whole marriage. He cheated...I forgave him, He wanted a divorce...this time I didn't have any strength left to fight him, so granting me what I'm asking for is the very least he could do.

"Mrs.Rodriguez!"

I wasn't in the mood to answer to anyone or even hold a somewhat decent conversation, so instead I kept it moving.

"Mrs.Rodriguez! Please!" I heard in the distance, becoming closer in range to me second by second.

Slightly peering over my shoulder, I saw Carson's lawyer running to catch up to me. Rolling my eyes, I took a deep breath, before coming to an abrupt halt turning to face him with anger evident on my face.

"What?!" I snapped

"Mrs. Rodriguez! Please! Give me a minute...that's all I'm asking" He said panting like a dog.

After debating against it, I went against my better judgement and allowed him some of my spare time.

"You have one minute!" I gritted out holding up my finger just in case he tried to take advantage of that.

"I'm sure your lawyer has already informed you, but if we don't reach a settlement this goes to court. Please! Mrs. Rodriguez! All I'm asking is that you reconsider and save-both of you-the hassle"

"Mr-"

"Evans" He answered instantaneously

'Well thanks for your input' I sarcastically thought to myself. This guy was beginning to really irritate the hell out of me. "Ugh" I said inwardly groaning exhaling deeply before continuing on. "Mr. Evans" I said with a sarcastic smirk " He clearly didn't want to compromise. So instead of talking to me, I suggest you hightail it to your client, and ask him the question you just asked me" I said pointing in the direction of the door turning to retreat to my car.

You would think he would leave me alone right? No. He did the opposite.

"Wait!-Mrs. Rodriguez!" He sighed once again flagging me down. "The court process is grueling. Believe me! I've had to witness it firsthand one too many times so please!" He said begging me. "Don't you want to be happy? Don't you want to return to normalcy?" He said trying to persuade me. "I mean, if you reconsider,hypothetically, and the deal goes through, you'll have enough money to open up that boutique all by yourself" He said as if it weren't that big of a deal

Looking at him in disbelief I released a bitter chuckle. This mitch could not be serious right now?!?!

"I bet you just have this all figured out don't you?" I said staring into his eyes

"Well I wouldn't say th-"

"Mr. Evans" I questioned cutting him off "tell me, have you ever been divorced before?"

"Mrs. Rodriguez what exactly are you trying to get at?" He asked in suspicion, body tensing at my now calm tone.

"Just simply answer the question Mr. Evans" I said dodgeing his question.

Hesitantly, he shook his head "No. No, I haven't ma'm"

"Well, then don't tell me how to handle this!" I snapped. "You don't know how it feels going through this process. You only get a little taste-barely that-because your the lawyer, remember?"

He swallowed hard, searching for something to comeback with only to turn up empty handed.

"Yeah. I thought so" I said rolling my eyes before opening my car door and driving off.

After what I just went through I was ready to sleep the day away, and it was barely 12:30 in the afternoon.

Driving to the nearest market, I stopped to pick up a few groceries for the house. Trying to get in and out, I only grabbed a few things. I was just about done when I ran into the back of someone, knocking both our items to the floor, causing them to scatter everywhere.

"I'm so so sooo sorry" I said immediately bending down to retrieve some of their items. When I came back up to face the person, I recognized him as the man I had ran into at Mr. LaVinski's office.

"Figures it was you" He snarled clearly pissed.

Scrunching up my face in confusion, I looked at him sideways. "And what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"Just what I said" He answered cockily.

"N-" I instantly stopped myself, chuckling bitterly and shaking my head. If it wasn't one thing it was another. "Well" I said attempting to be the bigger person "...I really am sorry for running into you like that" I finished before handing him the rest of his items.

Not even giving the common courtsey of saying thank you, he stormed off.

Hurrying to pick up the items, I retrieved what I was looking for and checked out. While I was walking to my car, I saw him again, but this time he was placing items in his car. His car that just so happened to be parked next to mine. 'This is just great' I thought to myself approaching my car.

The closer I got to my car, I could hear him yelling in the phone "Yeah Marty! The same bitch that ran into me at your office. Ooooooo she was so lucky I didn't cuss her out on spot" He continued throwing his items in the trunk like they were a ragdoll.

Shaking my head, I simply placed my items in the car before returning the cart back in the cart return. After returning the cart I practically ran to my car in need to go home and relax.

While driving home I got a call from Linda.

"Hello?"

"Hey Isa? Your not busy are you?"

"No, just making my way back to my house" I sighed "Why? Is there something you needed me to come in for?"

"Well...not particularly...I just thought you'd...want to pick up the keys to YOUR NEW HOUSE!" She yelled into the phone "Congrats on your new home love!"

Letting out a high pitched scream, I did a little dance in my seat. This to be the best news I had gotten all day.

"Oh my gosh! When's the earliest I can move in?" I asked cheesing from ear to ear.

"Tomorrow! Just let me know when your ready"

That caused me to let go another high pitched scream...I was on cloud nine.

"Would you be able to meet up with me tomorrow at...say 9?" I asked hopeful she'd say yes.

"Of course. I'll meet you at the house. Okay?"

"Fine by me" I said unable to refrain from grinning like a teenage girl who just met their celebrity crush.

"Well then I''ll see you tomorrow" she said hanging up.

***********************************

I know it's short!

Sorry!

Anyway please vote and comment!

Happy holidays! ❤️

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo