Chapter 7

Isa

I never did end up going to the stores the other day. Exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally I instead, settled on some Chinese food.

I was sitting upstairs in bed, grubbing on my food, with a pout on my face, watching the Reruns of Martin, when I received a incoming call.

Picking it up I saw Gabs flash across the screen. My mood was far from pleasant, and to avert myself from snapping, I hit decline. I wouldn't want her to catch the butt of what I'm feeling ,so she can call all she wants, but I refuse to pick up.

I wasn't in the mood for anything at this point. I can't believe Carson. But I got something for him. Tomorrow, first thing in the morning, I'm calling the first lawyer I can find.

***************

The next morning

I woke up bright and early on a mission. I was determined to find a lawyer to help guide me through this divorce process. I know by myself, I wouldn't do much, so that's why I'm hiring a lawyer.

I quickly showered, and washed, trying to jump start my day.

Today, since I was going to meet up with a lawyer, I decided to wear a mid-length skirt and white blouse. I paired that with my nuede pumps, looking to go for a more natural look today. I straightened my hair not to long ago, but seeing as I didn't wrap it last night it got wavy. Deciding against going over it I just teased it up. I wasn't trying to overdress and I definitely wasn't looking to underdress so I settled on some studs to top of my outfit.

Grabbing my phone and my keys, I tossed them into my gold prada bag before heading out my room.

Today I was on a very tight schedule, not only was I going meet to with lawyer, I'm also going to be house hunting. Or more or so condo hunting.

Before Carson, even popped up at the house unexpectedly, I had been giving a lot of thought into just finding a place of my own.

...Well more like Gabs persuaded me into giving it thought...

Being that she was the first to have brought it to light ,once I informed her of my situation.

And the more I thought about it, the better it sounded. This house surely wasn't made for me to be the only one living in it.

So today, she was more than willing to accompany me in my search.

Looking up at the clock, on the microwave, I saw that it was already 8:00.

"Ugh..." I groaned. "I knew I should've woken up earlier!" I grumbled, realizing that I now wasn't able to make my morning smoothie. I guess this calls for dunkin donuts I thought to myself, sighing, and making my way to my car.

Getting in my car, I buckled up, started it, and practically sped out my drive way. Making a stop for a coffee and a toasted bagel, I pulled into the driveway of Dunkin Donuts, thinking it was gonna be a a fast process. Sadly I was mistaken, I waited in line for about 10 minutes before I was even able to get my stuff.

"Ugh" I said yet again groaning my morning was not going well.

When I finally did make it, to the lawyers office, I was already 5 minutes late. Hurrying, so my appointment wasn't rescheduled, I hopped out my car, grabbing my coffee, and sped walked into the office.

"Hi" I said walking up to the receptionist desk. "I have an appointment with a Mr. La-Vin-ski?" I said unsure of how to annuciate his name.

Rolling her eyes, like I did her some sort of disservice, she further informed me , in the most: nasally, annoyed, bimbo-fied voice ,might I add "Mr. LaVinski is in a meeting right now"