Chapter 4

The Next Day

Isa

Yesterday after Gabs practically begged me to spend the night at her place, I gave in, and I'm glad I did.

Because last night I slept more peacefully then I could ever remember. Sleep was always a foreign term to me. Between Carson's basketball schedule and everything else, there was no time for sleep.

"Good morning" I whispered to myself, feeling refreshed, with a slight smile plastered on my face.

I know that I'm not going to bounce back and recover, from what I'm going through at the moment, right away. But sitting around, crying, and moping isn't going to solve anything. It's time to deal with this the only way I know how...One Day at a time.

Maybe, over time, My life will be full of pure happiness again. But for now, being content is enough for me.

Climbing out of bed I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Afterwards, I started the shower and hopped in.

Today I was going to visit my parents.

I haven't spoken to them Years...

I'm so ashamed of my actions , but more than anything I'm embarrassed. I shouldn't have given my spouse that much power over me...or anything else for that matter.

But hopefully when I do go to see my parents, I hope that they can forgive me.

After I finished washing up, I threw on some clothes. I decided to dress in a simple pair of ripped jeans, a grey blouse, and white blazer.

This wasn't a dressy occasion, nor did I have anyone to impress, so simple it was. I decided to go light on the make up, because today was a lazy day, and ended up adding a little volume by adding some curls to my hair.

I looked myself over in the floor length mirror observing my outfit. "Hmm" I shrugged satisfied. Now that I was dressed, I could finally eat.

As I went down the stairs, approaching Gabs kitchen, I heard another voice.

"But baaaaabbbbbeeee!" A husky voice pleaded.

"No Rich! I have to save some!" She laughed

"Just one more piece-" the husky voice pleaded again

"No Rich!" She said cutting him off, laughing even harder than the first time.

"How bout I give you some of this-"

"Uhh hmmm" I said clearing my throat.

I wasn't trying to be a cock block, but today I was in hurry.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything" I said walking into the kitchen sheepishly.

"Actually-" the man I identified as Richard started.

"No..." Gabs said after hitting Richard in the chest. "You weren't interrupting a thing"

"It's okay really" I said shrugging it off. "I was just coming down to get something to eat and let you know I was leaving...but I can always pick something up"