A Fresh Wound

Isa

Arriving back home, the first thing I did was take a shower.

Usually, I take a shower two times a day, due to my ocd. So, to just have one, because I didn't have an extra set of underwear, was eating me alive.

After showering, I dressed in some sweats. With the rest of the day to myself, I could do a little shopping, retail and grocery, seeing that I barely had enough food for a peanut butter jelly sandwich.

Grabbing a bottle of water out the fridge, I headed for the door. Just as I was making my way to my car, I realized I didn't have my wallet or my phone.

"Typical me" I mumbled to myself, dreading the hike back upstairs to my bedroom, where I left the two.

Not really paying attention, I left the front door ajar.

"Back downstairs I go" I sighed, frustrated I had to make yet another trip.

Just as I was jogging down the steps, I heard voices going back and forth. One was male and the other female.

Off the back of my hand, I could identify the voice of the male. Only problem, is I didn't want too. Feeling my anger grow by the second, I stomped down the rest of the stairs, swinging my wallet back and forth by the wristlet.

As I got to the bottom of the stair case, I heard yet another female voice.

"C'mon I'll give you a tour of the rest of the ho-" Carson started, not knowing of my presence.

"Excuse me!" I said clearing my throat, clearly agitated. "What are you all doing in my house?"

"Isa this" he said pointing to a businesswoman " is Linda. She's our Relator".

"Nice to meet you." The woman identified as Linda, said extending her hand for a handshake.

I looked at her hand, then back at her like she was crazy, before diverting my attention back to Carson. "Just what in the hell do you think your doing?" I asked, not bothering to 'play nice' in front of the company he brought with him.

"I'm trying t-" he started

"Look he's trying to sell this Big ass house so...Me & Him can buy one" this girl said cutting her eyes at me, like I should've known this information.

It took everything in me not to punch this clown. Him being here just worsened my mood. And then, the fact that he's trying to sell the house, without my consent?!?! Is Beyond me!

"Excuse me I believe I was talking to Carson." I said narrowing my eyes at her. "And secondly, you" I said pointing at Carson "can't sell this house without my consent"

"And why can't I?" He said, raising his eyebrows and crossing his arms get just as frustrated as I was.

"Oh honey" I said shaking my head. " You really should've finished school!"

"Isa say what the fuck you have to say already!" He yelled.

"Remember when we bought this house we both signed our name on this thing called a mortgage" I said, dragging it out, like he wasn't smart enough to comprehend "yeah that's why you can't sell it!" I said, making a pouty face before laughing.

"Mr. Rodriguez is this true?" The realtor asked, looking out of place, frazzled, and confused all in one.

"What does the mortgage have to do with selling my house?" Carson asked Linda.