Chapter 8

Isa

"Hi. Linda?" I asked, after the phone acknowledged that she had accepted my call, when I didn't hear anything.

"Hol-" she said, with me barely understanding what she said due to her poor connection.

"L-Linda your breaking up" I said, trying to look at my phone and check it. But instead, I failed miserably, seeing as I swerved into the other lane, where the traffic was going southbound.

"Shit!" I hissed, shaming myself for choosing to check my phone while driving.

Hearing lots of shuffling in the background, in spite of the poor connection, I started to hear more clearly before I heard her voice once again.

"Hello Isa? Is that you?" Linda asked, questioning who it was on her line

"Yeah" I chuckled. "Isa here!" I awkwardly responded. "Anyway I was calling to 1.apologize for being late, and 2.hoping that we could still fit in the listings?" I said, hope all in my voice.

"Well I don't see why not? But, I am afraid that I have a a prior engagement. So we're going to have to cut it short"

"Yes! Okay!" I said happy that I wouldn't have to reschedule. "Well I'm in route to the first listing now is that okay? I mean to just meet you there?" I asked hoping I didn't have to turn around.

"Yeah that's fine. I'll see you in a few" she said cutting the conversation short.

"Alright. Bye-Bye." I said, before hanging up and calling Gabs.

The phone must've of dialed about 6 times before I got her voicemail.

"Ugh!" I said frustrated. She definitely ignoring me on purpose. Getting off the ramp, and heading for the street that leads to her house, I called again. "She just better answer" I grumbled to myself.

"What?" Gabs answered, in a harsh tone most likely annoyed.

"Are you still coming?" I asked, brushing off the fact that she sorta barked at me. "Because I'm outside"

Instead of answering, I was met with the dial tone, and not even 5 minutes later Gab was coming out her front door.

"Glad you decided to join me" I said, flashing a quick smile before pulling off.

Rolling her eyes, she sighed before finally deciding to take part on the conversation. "You know I hate not being on schedule" she said glaring at me.

"Ugh!" I said kissing my teeth. "Gabs give me a break!" I said getting annoyed. "Either your going to be my best friend and help me or I'll do it on my own. Which one would you prefer?" I asked, taking quick glances at her. Right about now, I know for sure I looked like one of those black parents who caught their kid catching an attitude, but I didn't care. Either she was going to be supportive, and lay off, or she was going to go back home. And going back home is seeming like the best choice at the moment, because clearly we're both heated and annoyed.

"Fine" she said barely above a whisper.

"Thankyou!" I said, once again rolling my eyes.

When we finally did pull up to the house, or town house if you will, Gabs had apologized for her bitchy mood; Which I gladly accepted, because staying mad at your bestfriend is hard to do, especially when your in a situation similar to mine.