Chapter 10

Kamryn's POV
I roll Taylor into room 13, and her lovely midwife, Carla, is in there filling up the tub with warm water.  Adam and I help Taylor onto the bed and get her comfortable, and then I leave the room to grab some food and drink from the cafeteria thing that they have here. I buy my stuff and head back to our room to watch over Taylor while Adam goes and buys himself some food and drink.

Taylor is quite distressed. I feel so sorry for her, she doesn't know what the hell is going on, but all she knows right now is that she's coming closer to delivering a baby. After being here for about an hour, Carla comes in and starts doing her checks on Taylor and says that she's about 3cm dilated. Her contractions are also coming closer together. And right now, they are every 15 minutes.

"Ok, we are at every 15 minutes now. Do you want to try the pool yet? Carla told me it's ready to go and you're  welcome to try it at any stage." Her reply is cut short by another wave of pain passing over her.

"Yeah. Only if I can get over there th- OW. Sorry, another contraction. Yeah, only if I can get over there and my legs feel like jelly so.... Yeah I'd like to get into the pool please."

I encourage Taylor to stand and I guide her to the pool, help her to get undressed, then into the pool in just her bra. I then head over to the wall of buzzers. There are about 20 in total, and each one is labeled with the appropriate midwife or staff member. I press the buzzer to call for Carla. She arrives not even a minute later, and I explain the situation, and she's happy to stay and help me to keep Taylor calm.

Taylor's POV:
I ask Kamryn to get into the pool with me and she and Carla comfort me through each contraction with ease. This place makes me feel really comfortable, and the warmth of the water makes me feel light and free. I close my eyes and just relax. This is finally starting to become real. In a few hours, we will have a baby to look after. This emotion causes so many questions to run through my head, and I start to get worried. This isn't good. I look at my bump, which in  just a few hours, will no longer contain my baby girl.

Kamryn must of noticed my facial expression because she wrapped one arm around my body and grabbed my left hand in comfort.

"You okay?" She broke the silence by checking up on me. This is why I love her.

"I'm super worried about how I'll be as a mother........." I replied worriedly, while looking down at my bump. Just as I looked down, another wave of pain passed over me, making me scream slightly and grab my belly in pain.

I hear Carla say something but I don't quite catch it as I'm still in a bit of pain.

Kamryn broke the silence yet again. "Tay, don't worry. I've had the best month so far with having you as my mom, you're doing great. You'll be a great mom to this little one too, I know it. Just try to relax, please." I close my eyes and just relax.

Adam returns fifteen minutes later, and the next thing I know, he's being instructed by Carla to leave the room and return when he's finished eating.

"Excuse me, Mr........"

"Wiles. But please, call me Adam."

"Okay, Adam, could you please refrain from bringing food and drink in here? Not being mean or anything, but I don't want any food or drink residue from falling into the tub and contaminating it."

"But, what about my daughter? She brought food in."

"Yes, but that was before Taylor went into the pool."

"Oh, OK."

Adam's POV
I understand what Carla means so I leave the room and finish the food that I had bought. I tell Taylor I'll be back in a little while.