Chapter 9- The Beginning Stage of Labor

Kamryn's POV
Time Jump- 1 month

Taylor is going to have her baby any day now. It's December 6 and the due date is the 13, which is also her 23rd birthday. Everyone's been coming over to see her before the birth and Adam's been sleeping over since the end of November. I'm now 16 and we went to Disneyland in Orlando! It was hella fun, and we were there for three days. While we were at Disneyland, I was the only one going on the rides, Adam and Taylor would just follow behind me and watch on as I screamed with excitement on every ride. I really wished that Adam would of come on the rides with me, but Taylor could've burst at any stage while we were there, so he insisted that he stay on the ground with Taylor in case something happened. Everyone's freaking out about the baby, even me! No one knows the gender, apart from Taylor and Adam.

We left NYC to go to Disneyland on Monday, and we got back just yesterday. Since Taylor hit 8 months pregnant a month ago, she hardly gets out of the bed. It's so annoying, because then the house has an eerie silence, like a haunted house. Adam now goes to do the food shop twice a week, because of the pregnancy, and Taylor never stops eating. She claims that she 'has to eat for two', which is true, but also she LOVES food. He's thankful that her food craving phase is over, because there was some pretty weird stuff that she wanted.

At the present moment, I am sitting on my bed, reminiscing about the past month that I have spent with Taylor, and thinking of ideas for my story. I took her advice and published it online. At first, my readers didn't believe that the story was true, but when I posted a pic of a screenshot of numerous pics of her baby bump growing, via her phone, they went mental.

I'm halfway through writing down an idea for my chapter update when Taylor suddenly screams, making me jump out of my skin. I run into her room, and she's flinging the sheets and thrashing around. I run to the bed, and gently try to shake her awake only to be slapped across the face by her flailing hand. I run and get a cup of cold water and throw it over her, and surprisingly, she wakes up. Usually, it doesn't work so this is a huge surprise for me.

Taylor's POV
My eyelids flutter open, and my face is soaked. I see Kamryn leaning over me, holding her cheek. Ah not another nightmare! I think to myself, but I may have said it out loud because Kamryn replies, "Yes Taylor! Another nightmare. I tried to wake you up, but ended up being slapped across the face by your flailing hand. So I had to use the water, sorry but I didn't want to risk getting slapped again!" She shouted the last part at me to say, That's why I'm holding my cheek in pain.

Kamryn's POV
I'm still fuming, so I went back to my room to finish my chapter update. I only just set foot into my room when I hear my name being screamed by Taylor.

Kamryn! Can you get me icecream and chocolate sauce?"

I sigh heavily and yell back.

"Okay Taylor!"

As I get to the last stair on the staircase, Adam walks through the door. He sees me, and judging by the way he comes over to me, I have the usual look on my face that means I'm frustrated.

I tell him everything, and I start bawling. Adam doesn't do anything but he holds me close while I sob, making his shirt wet. I hug him back and then remember that Taylor wanted icecream and chocolate sauce. I get it sorted and carry it up to her. I go into the room and see that she's not in the bed.

I set the bowl of icecream down on her bedside table and look around. Little did I know that she was hiding behind the door so when I turned around to leave the room, she jumped out, making ME scream. She starts laughing hard out. I glare at her, and her childish laughs turns to screams as I chase her around the whole top floor of the apartment, screaming her head off.

Taylor's POV
Kamryn is chasing me, laughing her head off. I'm screaming and and running around the whole top floor of the apartment, trying to shake her off my tail. After about 10 minutes of this, I'm exhausted. I make my way back to my room and jump into the bed. I grab my icecream from the bedside, and start to eat. Once I'm finished, I go back to sleep for a bit.

Calvin's POV
Taylor is finally asleep, so Kamryn and I have some time to kill before she wakes up. I suggest a movie, and she runs to the living room to pick, leaving me to sort out the mess in the kitchen and get some food for the movie. She must of chosen quickly, because the next thing I know, she's in the kitchen helping me prepare stuff for the film.

*Flash forward*

Still in Calvin's POV
Kamryn and I are halfway through the movie. She chose 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'. I haven't seen it yet, but my good friends, Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson act in it. We're up to the interviews, and 'Peeta' aka Josh is up, and we hear screaming coming from Taylor's room upstairs, making Kamryn shut the film off. We look at each other, worry in our eyes, and shoot up to Taylor's room.

When we get there, we see that she's on the floor, screaming and clutching her belly. She looks up at us, and her eyes show it all. We put the pieces together and realise that she's in labor. I run to get the car started while Kamryn helps Taylor downstairs and outside. We get her in the car and start the drive to the hospital.

We don't get very far, because the minute we peel out of the carpark, Taylor starts screaming at the top of her lungs in pain, forcing me to stop the car. Kamryn gets out and goes in the backseat beside Taylor, and does her level best to calm her down. Kamryn instructs Taylor to do something, but I don't quite catch it. But it must of been something along the lines to breathe, because the next thing I know, Taylor has calmed down and is starting to breathe hard. I can finally focus on the road ahead and actually get Taylor to the hospital.

Kamryn's POV
Taylor has gone into labor and is breathing hard to try and keep herself calm. Every now and again, she may let out a scream, but then remembers that it's dangerous for her baby if she doesn't keep calm, and goes back to breathing. The car is dead silent, as Adam is focusing on the road ahead and Taylor is looking like she's in a lot of pain, but she's hiding it well. I don't have anyone to talk to, so I plug my earphones into one ear, and blast all the Taylor songs I have.

We eventually pull into the parking lot at the hospital, and I run to grab a wheelchair while Adam helps Taylor out of the car. I come back with the wheelchair and Adam eases Taylor down onto it. When she's in, I roll her as fast as I can to the entrance, leaving Adam to lock up the car.

Once we are in, we are led to the maternity ward and then we casually walk up to the reception desk (with Taylor in the wheelchair, in a lot of pain) and check her in to a room with a birthing pool, in case the pain gets too much for her. The nurse assigns us to room 13S. Let that be lucky for us.