Chapter 2

"Will Maxx, as in M-A-X-X, please come to the Head Master PipperBottoms office, please, thank you!" The intercom whaled over the whole cafeteria. Before i knew it, every single one of the 54 kids in the orphanage was looking at me.

"Maxx," The art teacher, Mr. McArt, came over to me. "Angus will walk you down to the Head Masters Office, OK?"

I couldn't believe it. Why Angus? "But..." I was cut off by Angass, ha ha See what i did there?

"Common Maxx! We don't wanna be late!" Angus grabbed my shoulder and pulled me out of my seat.

"Get your hands off me Angass!" I snapped when he tried grabbing me again.

"Fine! Then move!" Angus actually backed off! Why? If the Head Master knew I was hurting Maxx, he'll have my head! 

"What?" I looked at Angus.

"I didn't say anything. The last thing I said was move," Angus started looking at me like i was crazy.

"Oh"

When we finally made it to the Head Masters office, they made Angus leave so they had me alone.

"You weren't in your bed last night, Maxx," Head Master PipperBottoms began. "Where were you last night, Maxx? " I didn't know if i should tell the truth or lie. "And don't try ling, Maxx. We already got the truth out of your friend. Ash is her name, right?"

They had Ash? "Ya, Ash is my friend. So what?"

"Were asking the questions here, kid!" Some teacher snapped at me but the Head Master stopped them.

"Maxx, she told us everything," OK, did she tell them about my scars? No, she had wings too. "She said you guys went up to the attic and slept together. Is this true?"

I sighed in relief, then answered the question. "Ya, we slept together. So what you gonna do, put us in a cage? Like that gonna stop us from doing something together," I said that with a lot of anger. One for me, Zero for Head Master Bottom.

"Were not putting you in the cages," The Head Master said with a straight face.

"Your not!?!" One of the teachers said with a surprised look, just like all the other teachers.

"No, were not. Were going to let Maxx and Ash live up there. Maxx, there should be a kitchen space up there as well. We will give you money for doing chores around the orphanage for you to by food. Do you have any questions?" The Head Master was serious. I could tell, i was reading his mind the whole time.

"Uh," I didn't know what to ask til someone came in the office, and yes, it was Angus.

"Get out of here, Angus!" The head master roared at him.

Angus looked down and walked out. "Will people be aloud up there?"

"Only if you would like them up there. That it?" The Head Master said right after I asked the question.

"Yup, that's it. Oh, wait. One more question. Will we still have to go to classes?" I asked, just in case.

"No. It would just be like you live in an apartment," 

OK, then, can i go up there now?" I asked.

"Yes," After i heard that answer I ran up ot the attic to find someone outside the door.

"Hey Maxx!" Ash said when she noticed i was behind her.

"Hey Ash!" I basically copied her, replacing my name whit hers.

Now, all i have to do is some how bring up the wings and see if Ash knows where she got hers.