Chapter Twenty Three : Castle of Midnight

Start from the beginning

"Your name does match your personality. Beautiful indeed. Pardon, I couldn't attend your wedding, had some business to attend." Nigel confessed.

"Doesn't look like you are taking your duties seriously." Henry said observing his slight dishevelled attire.

Nigel flayed his arms and said with a frown, "Everybody deserves to have fun."

Henry nodded curtly, knowing what and how much does his 'fun' mean.

"You must be exhausted. Come, I will show you to your room, myself." Nigel told Rose.

As he turned around a girl in just a white button up shirt appeared, "Nigel, honey, you left me alone." She pouted.

Nigel's face became tensed up and he gave a nervous laugh, "Do I know you, lady?"

He turned to Henry and mouthed 'I don't actually know this girl.'

"But we spent the evening together, remember when we-", she was soon interrupted when Nigel silenced her, "I think you are doing a mistake, lady. You shouldn't be here at this hour of night." He ran to her in vampire speed and picked her up in his arms.

"I'll be back in a moment." Nigel muttered and teleported along with the girl.

"Don't mind my cousin. He has always been like this." Henry sighed and raked a hand through his hair. Rose found Henry's movement somewhat attractive.

'What am I thinking?' She mentally scolded herself at the recent thought of him.

After a moment or two, Nigel was back.

"Go on, continue." Henry allowed him to present his excuse but he just shrugged and changed the topic as he would usually do, "I should probably show you to your room." He said leading the way.

When they were in the corridor, Rose began admiring the place in her mind, the beautiful artworks like paintings, antique vases and other things that decorated the place along with red carpet with gold border that was spread across the length and the small chandeliers that hung from the ceiling at a measured distance from each other.

Finally, Nigel opened the door of the big beautiful suite and said, "I hope you will enjoy." He winked at Rose making her blush a deep red, 'What did he mean by enjoy?', she thought.

Henry closed the door as they both entered in and sat at the edge of the bed, removing his jacket and undoing his cuffs. "I apologise on his behalf." He sighed.

"It's alright." Rose replied. Henry smiled at her then gestured at the closet, "Whatever you need is in that closet."

Rose headed towards the closet and opened the doors only to find a huge walk-in closet with lots of garments. From shoes to heels, fancy dresses to night gowns, everything a girl would need. She walked ahead and even found a lingerie section that made her blush, so she quickly walked forward and found a dress that looked comfortable and proper therefore she changed herself into the dress that reached to her knees and was simple yet comfortable which was a little less revealing compared to the other night wears.

When she was done, she stepped out only to be astonished to see his naked back from behind. He had taken his shirt off and it was lying carelessly on the bed. He was staring intently at a piece of paper which contained some kind of information.

She was literally gawking at his body. He had a good muscular body that seemed really attractive. She gulped down at him, he hadn't noticed her yet but he knew she was close.

Henry carefully folded the paper and placed it inside the drawer of the furniture near. He raked a hand through his dark, wild hair and stared at the large glass window that gave the view of the entire kingdom. Placing a hand in his trouser pocket, he turned around.

Rose blushed furiously knowing she was caught. It was so embarrassing that he found her observing him like that. In fact, he was too absorbed in looking at her flushed self, it was endearing.

The dress was fitting her at the right curves and some of her soft, fair skin was exposed that made him want to touch her.

Rose felt dizzy and feel things that she had never felt before. She didn't know what to do in this absurd situation.

She started looking anywhere but him when a servant knocked the door.

"What is it?" Henry asked.

"The dinner is ready for her highness, Sire." The servant from the other side of the door said.

"You can go and have your dinner, Rose." Henry said politely.

"O-Okay." She stuttered wanting to run away and hide her face somewhere.

She hurriedly walked out of the room but didn't miss the small smile on his face through her peripheral vision.

*** ******

Author's Note :

I hope you all might enjoy this chapter.

Here is one for all my lovely readers :)