Opal.

Today is a different day. If all these bullies knew what was happening this week, b.itches will be glad. Instead of my normal routine of slumping my way from classroom to classroom then sliding into the toilets without being seen for lunch and break. I was holding my head high, mentally sticking my fingers up at any of my bullies that look at me. I held my Business folder close to my chest and turned the corner. My eyes immediately caught someone delicate and peaceful.I stood still in the middle of the corridor. "Watch out loser!" A girl shouted as she bumped into me. "Move your fat ass" another one remarked. But my heart was beating faster at the sight of Luke Hemmings. The way he throws his head back when he laughs at some ridiculous joke, the way his hair falls and he trails his hand through it. I've had a crush on Luke for years but never had the courage to talk to him. He's in my Media Studies but always sits with his mates. Anyway why would the most attractive, popular lad in school go out with the psycho girl. The girl that gets bullied.

His eyes catch a glimpse of mine and I pretend I am staring at the poster behind him. He takes a step forward so I could take a better look at it. 'Sexually active?' My cheeks blush, seriously. It could have been a poster on anything but it had to be that. I walked up to my smashed up locker and flung my business folder in and took my Media folder out. Just on queue, the bell rung. Luke said goodbye to his mates and started walking towards our Media room. I steadily walked behind him, smiling as he smiles and waves at everyone walking past.

I sat down in the seat closest to the radiator and placed my folder onto the table. My Media teacher came waltzing in smiling "Have you guys ordered your summer dance tickets yet?" Half of the class mumble "Well, there is still time." She smiles and walks over to her desk. "Today we are starting a new assignment, instead of you working with friends, I'm going to challenge you and see if you can work with people you don't normally work with" I groaned and rested my head on the warm radiator. I closed my eyes and began to wonder about what video to record first. Suddenly something tapped my shoulder, I looked up and saw Luke sitting next to me. "Hi Opal" I stared at him wide eyed. "Hi Luke, what are you doing sat here?" I stared at his perfect blue eyes. He pointed to the board that said 'New assignment' "oh okay" I went back to my position.

Luke drummed his pencils on the table as the teacher explained the task. Producing a branding advert for a product of our choice. Can I suggest a gun, knife, a noose, bottle of pills. No? Okay. "So Opal, How many days clean are you?" I snapped out of my gaze and looked at Luke "Excuse me?" I whispered. "How many days clean are you? I heard from others that you cut?" I knitted my eyebrows together and let out a dry laugh "Oh so that immediately means I cut?" His eyes shot open, "no I just, I .." - "You think because I seem suicidal and I am known as the skinny girl on crazy pills you thought I cut. Not now. Not soon and not never" I whisper shouted. He shook his head "I'm sorry I just, never mind. I'm sorry" He sighed as he rested his head on the table. "No it's okay. 102." He lifted his head. "102 what?" I looked into his eyes "102 days clean." He looked confused but soon realised "But you said you don't?" I started picked at the skin near my nails "It's easier to lie than to tell the truth. No one asks more questions then." He bows his head and whispers "Well I'm glad you're clean." I was just about to say something when the teacher walks up to us "So what will be your product?" She was holding a clipboard. I looked at Luke as he looked at me "I don't mind" I shrugged my shoulders "How about an energy drink?" Luke smiled. I nodded and the teacher wrote down our choice.

When the bell went I rushed all the pieces of production paper into my folder and threw it on to the shelf. I ran out the classroom and my body smashed into someone else "Oh look she's in a rush to get somewhere" Sarah laughed. She grabbed hold of my arm and dragged me to the side of the corridor. "Off home to your mummy and daddy. Tell them you had a surprisingly good day at school . Well not anymore." Her knee made contact with my stomach as she holds me up by clutching onto my shoulders. "Poor Opal, no one likes you. Especially since you and Matthew got close at Sam's birthday." I glared at her, it was over a year ago. "Did little miss I want to be a virgin again think we all forgot about that" Of course I don't. No one forgets at this school. "Hey, What do you think you're doing?" Luke shouted from the classroom door. Sarah and her disciples huffed and walked away. Luke came running up to me. "Don't touch me" He took a step back "here!" I looked up at him "I don't need your help. Go away." I screamed. But he didn't move. "Opal. Please let me take you home" I ran my hands through my hair and yanked on it "I said. Leave. Me. Alone." I screamed louder. But he didn't. He pulled me into his chest and hushed me by stroking my hair.

After about ten minutes in this position, I remembered what I had planned to do tonight. "Luke, I have to go" He slowly grasped me "I'll take you" I was about to protest but instead I took off down the corridor, running. Luke wasn't coming after me so when I turned the corner I stopped running and made my way home. I ran through the park, past the supermarket and through the town center. Up the alleyway and the steps until I finally got home. I slammed the key into the door quickly, I slammed the front door and took off towards my bedroom. Slamming the door behind me. I reached from under my bed and pulled out my laptop. Plugging it in and turning on my webcam. I position it on my dressing table. I wandered up and down my bedroom whilst running my hands up and down my jeans. Taking steady breaths as I finally positioned myself onto the stool. "I am Opal Walker and if you are lucky enough to see this then you are one of my 10 reason why. The one who has the email, be careful as you watch, watch every single video and send to the person next. If you are lucky enough to have the first watch, send to the person who the first video is for."

So this is a new fanfic. A start of something new! This is the last time you will be hearing from Opal's point of view. From now on, all the chapters will be Luke. I hope you enjoy this book. :) Love you all. --- Naomi xox