Aunt Nora sighed for the hundredth time tonight, her hand massaging her temple. "We'll just have to wait for Maryweather then."

"You go continue whatever it was that you were doing," Aunt Flora spoke up, walking over to me. "I'll help Nora clean up."

I nodded, casting a glance at my aunts before walking towards the living room. On the floor, laid about fifteen newspapers that I just used earlier, and one pink highlighter. I sighed, realizing that I still hadn't finished reading everything. I sat on the floor, crossing my legs as I stared at the pile of newspapers before me.

I decided to continue reading where I left off.

LOOKING FOR A BABYSITTER:

In need of a babysitter age 16 and above for our two kids (age 2 and age 6) Pay is —

I shook my head. No, this won't do. I don't want to babysit other people's children for the rest of my life.

I moved on to the next section.

BABYSITTER NEEDED:

We need a bab—

I sighed as I put the newspaper down, feeling hopeless. How is it so hard to find a job that pays well and doesn't have to babysit snotty little kids?

"Heather," a voice said and I looked up to see Aunt Flora with a sad smile on her face. "Would you mind closing the shop for me?"

I slowly nodded, knowing that something is wrong. Standing up, I asked her, "Are you alright?"

"I really was just trying to help," she said, her voice quiet. "I only made things worse."

I sighed, feeling guilty for somehow making her think that way. "Aunt Flora—"

"You go close the shop now," she said instead, interrupting me. "Maryweather will be here soon."

Instead of arguing with her, I obediently nodded as I headed to the door. The door immediately lead to the shop—Our Laundry Shop. Our house was connected to the shop, so the moment I stepped out of the door, I already saw Aunt Maryweather carrying a bunch of paper bags in her arms.

"No need," she immediately said, out of breath. "I already locked the door. People inside the grocery are noisy as hell and I can't—" she paused, sniffing the surrounding. "What's that smell?"

I gulped, not knowing how to respond. "Well, you see..."

With her eyes closed tightly, she sighed disappointingly. "Flora went to the kitchen."

I nodded, walking up to her as I tried to get the paper bag from her arms. "Let me help."

"Thank you darling," she said, sighing in relief as she carefully handed me the paper bag. "Found a job yet?"

I shrugged. "Nope, but I'll try my luck tonight."

She shook her head, opening the door for me. "No can do Heather," she told me. "It's already late, and you know the rules."

I sighed as I walked towards the counter, setting the groceries down. "Let me try just for tonight, Aunt Maryweather," I pleaded, walking back towards her as I took both of her hands in mine. "Please? College starts in a month, and the least I could do is help the three of you pay for my tuitions."