2: I Hate You

"Out of all of the imbecilic...childish..." Craft's voice shook with anger. Her hand twitched as her fingers tapped relentlessly on the wooden desk infront of her. That woman knows just how to annoy me with that tapping. She does it every time she sets me down for a 'Talk' in here.

'Talking' my ass.

She just likes to yell at me. This time was slightly different. Craft didn't seem like her usual yell-until-she's-purplefaced self. Her eyes looked more suken in than usual and her hands twitched more than they tapped. The veins in her hands were more prominent and there were patches of yellow set on her skin.

"You okay, Craft?" I asked. "You don't look too good."

"I'm fine." She coughed slightly then pointed a shaking finger at me. "And do not change the subject. Can you two children tell me why you were throwing food at each other?"

"She started the throwing." Ashley waved a hand towards me.

"BULLSHIT!" I exclaimed and ignored Craft's warning to watch my language. "Your little devil of a 'best friend' started it when she tripped me, causing me to get spaghetti on my jeans."

"Maybe it was an improvement."

"Ladies." Craft warned us.

"Look whose talking!" I laughed and gestured to her uniform. "Ever since I added the noodles, you've never looked better."

Ashley gritted her teeth "You're such a bitch who-"

The screeching sound of Craft's bullhorn made us shut up and cover our ears. She sat the horn down and then looked at each of us. "Since you two are acting like children, then I will treat you as such. You two will stay here until everything is resolved." She stood and started making her way to the door.

"But Coach Craft!" Ashley sat up. "I can't stay here! The pep rally starts in ten minutes. I need to be there."

"Maybe you should think about your consequences first before you start breaking rules." With that, Craft was out.

Ashley sat down hard in her seat while I just put my boots up on the desk and tried to get the last bit of lettuce out of my hair. The aftermath of the two-way food fight was pretty funny. I had a spaghetti sauce stain on my jeans, she had one on her cheer top. I had vinegarette still dripping down my face, she still had icing in her eyebrow. Laughing slightly, I grabbed a tissue off of Craft's desk, stood, and then looked around the office while wiping off the remnants of Ashley's salad and yogurt.

"What are you chuckling about over there?" Ashley snapped.

I looked over my shoulder at her. "Just the fact that you have icing in your eyebrow."

Scowling, she also took a tissue and wiped at her face. I rolled my eyes. "Don't make that face for too long, or else it'll stay like that."

"Wouldn't have to make that face if it wasn't for you."

My eyes swept across all of Craft's sport trophies. "You'll scowl anyways. Its just part of your bitch face and bitch attitude."

"Thank you." Her voice was filled with fake sincerity.

I turned around to say some witty remark, but was cut off by the room going black. Even the heater stopped making that ungodly scraping noise.

After a beat, I called out, "The fuck?"

"It's not storming, is it?" Ashley asked. From the sound of it, I think she stood. Her phone illuminated her face and she turned it around to sweep the room.

I did the same and went to the door. I tried the knob, but it didn't budge. "Did she fucking lock us in here? Is that even legal?"

"Probably not." Ashley joined me by the door. "So how the hell are we going to get out?"

I looked around the room and noticed the windows up at the top of the office. Elbowing Ashley, I shone my light at the windows. "Think we can fit through those?"

"You always have bad ideas." Ashley rolled her eyes, I bet. "We'd have better luck kicking down this door."

"Well, if you insist." I put my phone in my pocket and pulled the chair up behind me. "Shine the light on the door, will you?"

Ashley backed up a bit. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Kicking the door open." I braced myself on the chair and rose my foot.

She stopped me before I could bring my foot down. "And you know how to do this, how?"

"Movies."

"Oh that's reassuring, Liam Neeson."

I shushed her and rose my foot. My weight went on my back leg and I then launched forward, landing my boot right by the door knob. That didn't work. I ignored Ashley's scoff and continued with another kick. The door only shook. Getting frustrated, I kicked a third time with a lot more force than before. My foot connected with the wood and my grip on the chair tightened. The chair was pushed back and I fell with it. There was a thud when my back hit the ground, my breath getting knocked out of me.

"Way to go, dumbass." Ashley snorted.

"Whatever." I stood, brushing my crumbled dignity off my shoulders. "At least I'm trying."

"Here." Ashley pushed her phone into my hands and knelt infront of the door. She pulled something out of her hair and start messing with it before sticking it in the lock.

I rose an eyebrow. "Are you seriously using a bobbypin to pick a lock? This isn't a video game."

Ashley shushed me and kept feeling around. I stood there quietly, held the phone light, and waited for her failure. After ten minutes of building suspense, there was a click and Ashley pushed the door open. She turned to me with a victorious smile. "I know what I'm doing."

"Lets get out of here then." I rolled my eyes, gave her the phone back, and stepped out into an equally dark hallway.

***
Author's Note: Second chapter done. Boom. Just wanted to drop two chapters on you to test it out if you will like it. I'll post the next one sometime next week. Also, do you guys want me to put pictures of what the characters look like at the top? Just wondering since I do that with my other story.
Xoxo -Awkwardles