Chapter 2: The Guild Ruins

II. The Guild Ruins

The woman turned around and starred into my eyes "Who is there?"

The woman stood in a red robe and I knew it was Theresa.

"It really is you!" I said with a pound of relief finally released from my shoulders. "I was afraid I'd never see anyone I've known again."

"Lyllianna? How can you be here? You died the day Jack activated the sword. You died in Oakvale." She said looking at me curiously, but still held a calm tone.

"No, the last thing I remember is striking the demon that was killing my family. It was killing my Talia."

"Only one person was said to live through that day in Oakvale. He is a precisely awful man." Theresa said softly.

"I know who it was. His name is Phillippe, isn't it?" I said asking her, this would be the only thing to give me a little closure.

"Maybe once. After he lost his wife and child to the-"

"Wait, Talia . . . is dead? No, I- I killed that thing that was hurting her. I killed it!" I said now crying.

"No, it had already killed her and then it disappeared. It had destroyed all of Oakvale, except for him as he wished.  The man took on a new name from that day and 306 years after that, invented the first gun. His name is a symbol of his skill." She said looking at me with her messy eyes.

"What is his new name?" I asked, afraid of what might come from the woman's voice.

"His name is Reaver. He is a very bad person, Lyllianna. He isn't the man you knew, the man you loved. Whatever feelings he's had are probably gone. So what happened to you? Although I'm a seeress, I can't seem to see you in the timelines. It's unnatural."

"Well, I attacked the creature who killed everyone and then I woke up on the shore. What happened?" I asked concerned.

"Its been around 500 years since you were last here. Also, you attacked a creature now called a banshee. Reaver named it that a few days after Oakvale's destruction and Jack's attack. He also began calling himself Reaver for many reasons after that, most forgotten over time. I'm guessing you wish to seek him out?"

"Yes I do."

"I must warn you, he is not the man you once knew. He is extremely dangerous and is a very . . . narsistic person, but I will tell you where he lives. His home is in a town on the other side of Albion, Bloodstone. It's a little farther away then Oakvale starting in Bowerstone, but it will cost you. It's quite a fine to pay for a boat ride over there."

"What if I walk?" I asked. "After all, that's how you get to places."

"You can, but I don't suggest that. So before I recommend something to you, how did you get in here?" She asked her eyes glowing blue.

"My guild seal allowed me access. Is this the Heroes Guild?"

"I'm afraid so. The day of Oakvale's
destruction, Jack of Blades destroyed the Guild and was defeated here in the center of this room by the hands of my brother, and your cousin."

"What in the name of Skorm would make him do this?"

"He was a vile and corrupt source of evil. He wanted the power to control all of Albion. Without my brother, he would've succeeded."

"I see."

"Now back to what I was saying. I suggest you try to start over in Bowerstone. I can contact you through your seal. I'm not one to say this, but take some time to restore what you've lost and I'm here when you are ready. Now go." Theresa pointed at the glowing Cullis Gate.

I walked into the blue light, waved to her, and disappeared.

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading this story! I'm getting ready to release Chapter 3. I've been so busy with World Tour and now Wadjet's Warning. But I promise, this book definitely isn't over. I appreciate your support and I'll talk to you later! Thanks!
~KurtDestin