Thirty Three. In Which She Forgives, Forgets, and Revokes

Start from the beginning

"Were you expecting another answer, Tessa?" Majesty crossed her arms across her chest and fixed her with an irritated look.

"Well, no, I was just-"

"Demi."

I stifled a groan. My luck could not be that bad. I didn't have the strength today. I really didn't.

I swiveled my body around to see, guess who, standing behind me.

Chase flashed me a winning smile. "Hey."

"Hi," I replied shortly before turning back around to face my friends. "Let's go to homeroom."

"Can I speak with you for a quick minute, Demi?" Chase asked hopefully.

I opened my mouth, but Kenzie beat me to the punch.

"Hasn't she made it painfully clear she doesn't want to talk to you?" She asked rudely giving him a look of death.

Chase stared at her in detest. "You know, Kenz you really shouldn't open your mouth. It ruins the little bit of attractiveness you have going for you."

She started forward immediately with clenched fists, but I quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her back before she did anything crazy. Like kill him.

"Kenzie, relax," I pushed her gently to Majesty who grabbed her hand. "It's fine. I'll be right behind you."

"Fine," she huffed, shooting a glare at my ex-boyfriend before storming off in the opposite direction.

"See you in homeroom then," Majesty gave me a curious look, clearly asking why I wanted to speak to Chase.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Yeah. I'll be right there."

Majesty nodded and followed Kenzie.

"So, I'll see you later, Dem," Mikayla smiled sweetly.

I smiled back and nodded.

"Come on, Tess," she said, grabbing Tessa, who was watching the little scene unfold with rapt attention, and towing her off.

I considered for a moment high tailing after them, but I had a bone to pick with Chase. I spun around and opened my mouth to tell him off, but Chase was already speaking.

"Why do you hang out with Kenzie?" He demanded.

"Because she's my friend," I planted my hands on my hips.

"She's probably the most irritating person I've ever met."

I clicked my tongue. The only other person that was allowed to say Kenzie was annoying out loud aside from me was Majesty, and seeing as Chase wasn't either I felt defensiveness for my friend prickle at me. Sure, Kenzie, for the most part, drove me up the wall, but that was just her personality. He had no right to talk her down like that.

"Let's get something straight," I started with a scowl on my face. "You don't get to talk to or about my friends like that. Ever. I don't care what they say or do to you. Do not do it."

Chase held his hands up in surrender, looking amused and unfazed by my angry demeanor.

"Sorry," he shrugged, not sounding very apologetic. "She was annoying me."