Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon Agent Griffen. How may I help you?" A familiar British voice asked.

"JARVIS?"

"Yes, it is I sir. Mr. Stark programmed me into your watch. However I believe you have yet to test the other part of it. Agent Carson requested that you take a look at that first sir." JARVIS said and switched off.

Okay then...if you didn't like me JARVIS you could have just told me...I tap the top of the watch once and a round shape whirls out of it. (A/N: If you guys have seen the movies based on parts of Percy Jackson imagine Luke's shield that he gives Percy) A lightweight silver shield has replaced the watch. It shines brightly in the light and the owl on the front glimmers as if its feathers are getting ruffled in the wind.

"Wow.." I breathe, taking the shield off of my arm, marveling at it.

How on earth am I supposed to top this on her birthday?!

--------

Lexi POV:

I pace in the office of control room of the Bus with Coulson and Skye behind me, the door secured shut so no one could hear my breakdown.

"Why in the name of Hades was my mom's picture a target! More or less an EMLIMINATED TARGET!" I yell frustrated.

"Lexi, calm down." Coulson says.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN WHEN MY MOM-" I scream until Skye throws some ice water at my face, shocking me out of my element. My senses sharpen and my heart stops racing. I let out a shaky breath and steady myself against the table.

"You good now?" She asks.

"Yeah, thanks. Sorry, I needed that" I respond.

"Where did you even get that?" Coulson asks.

"I don't know, there was a random cup of ice water right there, and I thought, 'Why not?'" She smirks.

"Lexi, we've been meaning to tell you for a while, but it just never happened. That invasion messed everything up." Coulson said.

"What? You were supposed to tell me after the whole "Loki" thing?"

"Yeah...Lexi, your mother was a SHIELD agent and a good friend of mine. Do you ever remember her disappearing for periods of time?" Coulson asks.

"Yeah, I would always get dropped off at Connor's house. Then sometimes, he would stay over at ours....." I trail off, realizing where this conversation was heading.

"Yes, Connor's dad was an agent too. They were especially good friends because of the whole Greek gods thing. That's one of the reason the two of you grew up together. Your parents were partners. After the two of you were born, they made sure that one of them was with the two of you as much as possible."

"Is that why SHIELD came for the two of us? Because our parents where agents?" I ask.

"Partially. Fury's eye was focused on the two of you, but if you didn't preform as well as he thought you two would, he would have chosen someone else. But yes, SHIELD always has been keeping an eye on you two."

"That's not creepy or anything." Skye interjects.

"We wanted to recruit you two when you were ready." Coulson says, ignoring Skye. "Your mother told us about your camp and said to pick you up once you had enough experience there. We decided to follow her instructions with the two of you."

"Did she know who my father was at the time?" I ask, looking down at the ground. Remembering the times I had spent in cabin 11 before I was claimed.

"No, all she knew was that he was a greek god. Nothing else that our intelligence signifies. What we did know was that she wanted you to stay away from all of this until you were ready. She tried to let you have a normal childhood."

"Until the attack at my school. I assumed from what I heard later they were hellhounds. Was Chiron mistaken?" I asked.

"We made sure he was." Coulson said. "That was an attack because that organization that had taken out your mother had found the two of you. An assailant was sent to take the four of you out."

"Except we both somehow survived." I say, remembering that fateful day.

"You two didn't somehow survive, you saved him Lexi. Did you ever get a clear look at the hostile?"

I think back, remembering that image of the Brooklyn Bridge that was forever imprinted in my mind. "Yeah, well kind of. He was tall, muscular....umm I think he had an attack suit or something and wore a mask....and.....there was something metal....I think he had a metal arm." I say. "I'm not too sure, that was like three or four years ago."

"That's a better memory than most have." Coulson replies. "I think we are pretty familiar with that guy's work. I think Romanoff had some trouble with him once."

"So should I look into him?" I ask.

"I wouldn't recommend it. Romanoff tried and found nothing. This is Natasha we are talking about here." Coulson says.

"Fine, but last question. How young was my mom when she joined SHIELD?"

Coulson smiled. "She was fifteen. Just like you."

There was a knock on the door and a distraught Fitz walks in. "Did anyone see my ice water I left in here?"

Just when I thought we were having a moment.

Hey hey! So I knew that I needed to give you guys some background on Lexi's life so taah dah!!!!!!

Yeah Connor and Fitz were kinda in there for comic relief.

Well I hope you liked this part and vote and comment if you did!

Follow me if you haven't already! I'll see you guys later!!! And if anyone wants to message me feel free to. Makes me feel popular for once XD.

Luv you guys!!!
Stay Nerdy,
Nerdy_Girl😂😂😂💜💜💜