At the thought of that, he leaned back against the doorframe then sighed. Why was Harry even on his brain? It wasn't even about him when he first went and checked the nightstand drawers. But his thoughts still managed to drift that way anyway. Was life just not going to be fair now? Was it always going to make him think of Harry? Ugh, he hoped not. He was too busy trying to adjust back to the male life to worry about him. At least for right now.

The male life... wait a minute. There was a reason he was back to the male life in the first place and suddenly, he was able to take the attention off of himself long enough to remember his father. He quickly ran out of the closet and over to his nightstand where he snatched his phone from it. He immediately searched his contact list. His father had always been under 'Y' and since he was the only Y Zayn ever knew, he found him right away. He didn't waste anytime pressing the button to call.

He sat on the bed and nervously chewed his nail. The phone must've rang seven times before someone decided to pick up. "Hello?" A familiar voice came through the receiver.

"Hello."

"Zayn?"

Even though his father seemed more surprised on the other end of the reviever, he had no idea how good it felt to be able to hear his father call his name again; his real name. It brought tears to his eyes and he didn't know what to say.

"Zayn? Hello?"

Zayn heard him but strangely, he could not bring himself to answer him. He couldn't open his mouth to speak even though he really wanted to. He was frozen.

"Zayn, are you there?..."

But when he didn't answer this last time, Yaser just hung up the phone. That's when Zayn came to his senses and realized what just happened. He'd just made a fool of himself. The one time he attempted to call and talk to his father for no apparent reason at all and he couldn't even do it. How pathetic must he be, that he can't even speak to his own parents.

He lay back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Oh, he was back alright. The old Zayn was back and even though he wanted to do things the way he had done them as Veronica, it was just too hard. Zayn didn't have the same confidence as Veronica did and he hated that. Why did his male personality have to be so much more different from his female one? It wasn't fair. So he turned over on his bed and buried his head in his pillow.

He'd been crying for sometime when the phone on his bed vibrated. He wiped his blurry eyes and reached for it. He thought it was his father calling him back. But when he saw the name, he quickly sat up and wiped his eyes, then answered it.

"Hello?"

"What's up, Z?"

Zayn swore his heart partially melted when he heard his voice. "Hey Harry."

"You're still coming over, right?"

Zayn frowned. "What?"

"Today... are you still coming over? You know... Liam's coming over and we're gonna play video games and whatnot. And you have to bring the Xbox."

Zayn pretended to have known already. "Oh yeah, uhm... what time did you say again?"

"Five o'clock."

"Of course, I'll be there."

"Okay."

"Okay."

There was an awkward silence almost as if Harry wanted to say something right then. "See you then, Zayn."

"Yeah... see you then."

In an instant, the line disconnected and Zayn was just sitting in his bed. It was just his luck that he'd be seeing Harry in three and a half hours. Can he not get readjusted to everything in his own house before he had to step foot outside of it? Apparently not. Maybe this life was just bent on not being fair today. Maybe he was meant to think of Harry.