Time And Time Again

John awoke to the pure white and stale color of the hospital room and realized why he was there.

His baby was in trouble.

He sighed heavily as he looked over to see Sherlock sitting uncomfortably in a chair with his head down and resting on his arm as his other hand held John's.

"Sherlock. You awake?" John asked, knowing that much like himself Sherlock wasn't sleeping at a time like this.

"Never went to bed." He mumbled against his arm. John sighed again as he closed his eyes and swallowed hard. Sherlock raised his head as he planted a kiss to John's forehead then continued to stroke his hand.

"You nervous?" Sherlock asked in a small voice.

"Of course I'm bloody nervous, this is our child Sherlock! I'm scared half to death!" John quietly yelled, tears starting in his eyes. He felt the soft flutters of their daughter as he gently smiled. But it disappeared as quickly as it came as he was reminded of where he was and why.

The room started to spin as he felt his face become hot out of suppressed anger. John wouldn't be able to experience the last 4 months of his pregnancy because they were worried about a small blip on the picture. He swallowed hard and breathed deeply, trying to calm himself for the upcoming procedure.

"Mr. Watson-Holmes?" The men turned to the door to see their doctor standing at the threshold with John's folder in his hand.

"If it's alright with you, I would like to go over the procedure with you real quick." The blogger looked to his detective as he nodded his head and silently invited him in.

As the doctor started to explain of what was to happen, John zoned out and started to think of the future and if there was ever going to be a future with their daughter. He loved Hamish and the life they already have, but a life with another child would have made everything better. But a future without Violet, just losing a child by itself was enough to send John to the roof of St. Bart's.

"So, any questions on the procedure?" John gently came back to reality as he quickly shook his head as did Sherlock. The doctor gave a gentle smile as he left the two men alone once again. Sherlock buried his face in his husbands neck as John laid his head on Sherlock's, taking in the not-so-great scent of oily hair, being reminded that the detective never went home and stayed with him the whole night.

"I love you John. I love you so much." Sherlock muttered, sniffling obstructing his words. John stroked his shiny curls and gently placed a kiss in the mess of them.

"I love you too Sherlock. But you have to be strong for me, please? Put on that sociopath consulting detective exterior for me will you?" John asked as a light joke.

"Alright, I promise." Sherlock lifted his head to meet John's eyes. "Let's get this over with shall we?" John nodded his head.

About an hour later, a team of nurses came in as they took John down the hall and into the operating room. Sherlock, refusing to leave John's side, dressed in scrubs and kept his hand connected with his husband's through the whole procedure.

John closed his eyes as tears rolled down his face and he heard a piercing scream fill the whole room. His eyes shot open and looked up to see the smallest baby he has ever seen in his life, looking over to his detective to see his beautiful blue and green eyes well with tears.

"Sherlock, I-I uhhhh..." John felt weak as he fell unconscious and the constant beep of the heart monitor slowed and flat lined.

"Heart rate is dropping!"

"Oxygen levels are dropping as well!"

"Is there supposed to be that much blood?"