Chapter 12 Too Late?

The last time that I missed by chance to tell Alyssa how I felt was around the time of Homecoming. My friends kept asking me when I was going to ask Alyssa to homecoming and I kept pretending to be annoyed as they asked. I finally told Alyssa what people were and saying and had to open up my stinking mouth and add to the problem by telling her that I didn't like her that way. Boy was I an idiot. I just didn't realize it yet.

A few days after that whole thing happened Alyssa texted me. I honestly didn't know what to say, whatever she wanted to be honest about with me could be anything and I wasn't prepared. So I waited a day to respond. Not one of my proudest moments I have to say, especially thinking about how Alyssa must have felt after she sent the text and didn't get an immediate reply. Either way I waited until the next day before I responded and she told me what she had to say. Once again I had no clue what to say, I still wasn't really sure how I felt, but I couldn't just leave her hanging again. So I made something up, once again not my proudest moment, but I didn't know what to do. There was no turning back after I told Alyssa that I liked someone else. I mean Roxy was a great girl and all but she was nothing in comparison to Alyssa.

Alyssa is the only girl who really gets me. We have so much in common yet differences about us that make things excited. I'm never bored when I'm with her and it at least seems like she's never bored with me. She's such an amazing girl, and the guy who holds her heart would be the luckiest in the world.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize all of this until it was too late and I wouldn't see her anymore. I had to transfer schools which meant no more talking with Alyssa before English, no more amazing bus rides, and not seeing her beautiful face every day. I missed her like crazy, because she was irreplaceable. I wanted to text her so bad, or calls and hear her voice but she didn't like me that way and I didn't want to force myself on her.

I saw her a few times after I left but it wasn't the same and we were never alone to talk. I missed her and it was now that I realized I loved her. All of those times told her that I didn't like her meant that may e even if she did like me she probably gave up hope by now.