Chapter 12: Taken

When we finally got back to camp, I instantly went to my tent, hiding from all the questions and comments from the other campers who had heard about our disappearance. My body was sore from the fall and run in with the tree and the last thing I wanted was to deal with all the questions.

Pulling the elastic out, I let my hair fall down my back before running my hands through to try and comb out any knots. My hair was disgusting from the amount of dirt that had been caked in there from the fall and my time in the trunk of the tree. When Bellamy walked into my tent, I jumped in fright, not expecting him to follow me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He put his hands out. "You just rushed in here so fast, I didn't have time to talk to you."

Turning my back to him, I began going through the small box of things that I was able to call my belonging, looking for a different shirt I could wear. "I'm fine Bellamy. You don't need to check in on me. I'm not a baby."

"I know that, but everyone needs to be checked on from time to time."

"I'm fine," I sighed, turning to face him again.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Once we find the others, I'll be better."

"And if we don't?"

I know Bellamy was preparing me for the harsh reality of what was probably to come but I couldn't hear it. Not right now. "That's not an option."

"Ari-"

"No Bell." I put a hand up to stop him from speaking. "I can't. If we don't find them..." my voice trailed off as I closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I recollected myself.

"This isn't your fault." He took a step towards me.

"Don't. I really don't want to feel better about this so if you could please skip the speech that would be great." I was a coward. I ran. I allowed Finn and Clarke to be taken while I hid in a damn tree! I didn't deserve to feel better. "Once I get the rest I need, I'm gonna go help find them and when we do...I'll be better."

"You're not going back out there. Not again."

Rolling my eyes, I tried to walk past him, out of the tent but Bellamy grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Flinching, I glared up at him. "Don't, grab me like that, ever," I spat tugging at my arm but he kept his hold on me.

"We're not having this conversation again, Ari. You're not trained, you don't know how to fight, and I shouldn't have let you out there in the first place."

"Then train me!" I yelled, ripping my arm out of his hold. "Give me a gun! Teach me how to fight! Stop expecting me to be okay with everyone else doing it for me."

"You're a child Ari, you're not supposed to fight."

"Stop calling me that!" I yelled, running my hands through my hair. "Did you forget the reason we're on the ground? That it was only criminals sent here? Do you realize that makes me a criminal too? I'm not this sweet innocent girl you think you need to protect! I've been fighting, one way or another, my entire life. You don't know me Bellamy! You don't know a thing about me so stop acting like you have a say in my life!"

My words were laughable. I wasn't a criminal. I was arrested for a crime I hadn't even committed. But I was just so angry. Angry at him for treating me like this. Angry at myself for being scared and running. Angry at the world.

It was clear Bellamy wasn't impressed by my outburst either as he had a blank expression on his face. That only made me more angry.

"Like it or not kid, I'm responsible for you. I'm not going to give you a gun and send you out there to be killed."