He waved you off, gesturing you towards the front passenger's seat," Get in; I'll drive—that way you won't have to worry about someone else getting hit." At this Machina snorted, grumbling as he plopped down into the seat behind you.

The ride home was enjoyable: music played on low volume as you got to know the two brothers more, and vice versa. As it turned out, not only were they in the same Wutaian clan as Yuffie, but were her step cousins as well—the girl's aunt having married the boys' father when their biological mother had left the three of them shortly after Machina's birth. They were three years apart also—Machina sixteen and Izano nineteen—and when you heard this, a sudden pang of homesickness made you look out the window, thinking about your own brother, as the conversation died down.

The car pulled into the driveway of the house at around seven, and because of the long ride, you and Machina had both fallen asleep from the lack of traffic moving for a significant amount of time on the freeway. Getting out of the car, Izano walked to your side and, after unbuckling you, lifted you into his arms, kicking the door closed. The thud of it made you stir slightly, but you remained asleep. As the ravenette stepped onto the porch and leaned forward to ring the doorbell with his forehead, the door opened within a few moments by an auburn haired boy with gray eyes.

You woke up the next morning rather early compared to the usual sleeping in you did on Sundays. The sunlight flooded in through your balcony window at an angle, and because your curtains were already pulled to the side, your face began warming at the little heat it radiated—your room overflowing with a soft orange glow. Sitting up, you found yourself in the same clothes from the previous night, and you groaned distastefully when seeing it was barely eight thirty in the morning.

You showered absentmindedly, where after combing your hair and pulling on a                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          simple white shirt and black pants, the time had already shifted to nine. Shuffling out of your room, the echo of conversation was heard from the kitchen, and the smell of fried food wafted upstairs faintly, mixed with that of toast, and even coffee. But as you neared the staircase, a yelling voice broke out—one you did not recognize—and you immediately broke into a sprint, halting at the top of the staircase where you saw a black haired man in a gray suit, holding Kai in a headlock as he continued to yell.