Training....Again?

Chapter 18

Training...Again?

"Michael! Hold on!" I scream and blink away tears. Michael's eyes look in to mine and a tear rolls down his cheek. He opens his mouth to speak but no sound comes out. Blood pours threw the wound in his stomach and I continue to apply pressure to it. " Hang in there Michael. Help will be here soon. I promise." I plead with him. He couldn't die he just couldn't.

His head droops slightly to the left and his eyes are fixed on something behind me. He wasn't moving. " Michael! Stay with me damn it! You better not die on me you son of a bitch!" Micheael blinks and opens his mouth. Relief rushed through me.. Until Michael said, "Joey...b- be-behind you." I turn my head to see a smirking face behind me. " Well well well... Two birds with one stone...."

************************************************************************

(72 Hours Earlier)

~Michael's POV~

"Michael wake up."

" Go away Joey." I mummered for the millionth time. I didn't want to get out of bed or go to training ever again. Last week we started training for some big fight with the fucking devil. It was easy the first couple of days but now? I'd rather grow and regrown my wing a thousand time than go to training. Imagine this; thirty half angel kids wondering around a maze in the dark for hours untill a group of actual angels jump you and proceed to to beat the living shit out of you. That was training. Sounds fun right?

"Michael we're going to be late. Please get up I don't wanna piss them off." Joey pleaded with me.

"So go with out me." I snapped. God why did he have to be so persisant. We're brothers not conjoined twins. And only half brothers if you want to get technical. " Michael get up now or else." I looked up at him. He was standing over me fully dressed and by the looks of it completely pissed off. His black wings were tucked in to his back and his eyes were shooting daggers at me. " Or else what?" I smirked, rolling over and turning my back to him. I heard him walk away. Finally. I closed my eyes and relaxed. It's not like I liked fighting with him but the guy irritated me sometimes. " Michael. Get. Up. Now"

" Back again? Look I told you I'm not- What the fuck?!" I yelled as the icy water hit the back of my head and neck. I jumped up and flung my wings out hitting joey in the face with the side of them. He stumbled back from the inpact. "Good," he said," Your up." Now he was smirking and I rolled my eyes. Damn him why can't he just let me sleep. I walked away to get dressed. I threw on the first thing grabbed which was blue jeans and a forest green t-shirt. Whatever I'm not going to waste my time with trying to blend in with the night anymore. As I said earlier; either way I'm going to get my ass kicked. "Lets go." I said walking back out to our shared room. Joey looked at me," green? Why not black. You be better hidden at night in back." I shrugged, " whats the point?" I walked out in to the hallway and heard him follow.

We walked in to the meeting room where everyone else was. " Glad you decided to join us," Our dad said," you might want to hurry up and eat. You've got another long night ahead of you." I grabbed a cup of coffee, " 'kay." Flopping down next to Joey who actually got a decent breakfast, I looked at Michael. He frowned at me. " Okay so as you all know the maze is meant to confuse you. Now getting through it should be relatively easy by now. The only issue is the ambush..." Michael stopped and sighed," guys we do this every day. By now you should all know this speech. Finish your breakfast discuss a strategy and meet us out there by midnight." He gestured for the others to follow him and he waked out leaving only the half angels in the room. " Any ideas?" Angelina asked. Her mom was some angel whose name I've long forgotten. " Okay so lets think. We know they're going to jump us but where? I think if we can figure that out we can make it through this. " Zach offered. Then suddenly everybody had an idea.