"Jade Leanne, Crown Prince's new servant."

"That servant? Is she the one who saved Crown Prince's from Consort Shine's accusation?" Consort Lana's eyes grow wide as realisation takes over. "I forgot about that matter." She whispers to herself, gritting her teeth at the same time. All her previous insecurities have been cleared, as a new path of light seems to have opened. She wants to take the path, though it is full of spikes and she may not make it alive to the end. However, she knows, even before entering the palace, that life in the palace is like a bet. Thus, she thinks to herself, that she will make one last bet, by putting her future on the risk.

"Ran, summon Jade Leanne to my palace, tonight, secretly."

---

Author's POV:

"Today, Father Emperor seems to be in a good mood." He comments in a jumpy tone, breaking the ice ever present in the spacious pavilion built on the pond filled with well-bred kois and well-grown colorful lotuses. He smartly picks out a humble brown robe to wear today instead of his usual extravagant yellow robe, that seems to say he's the Emperor, to appeal more before his Father Emperor. The Emperor gazes at him for a second, from the corner of his eyes, and chuckles as he lightly lifts up his golden wine cup with a little dragon handle and downs it at one go.

"I myself do not know the reason for my happiness today. Perhaps, it is due to the peace of our empire." The Emperor showers the view from his pavilion with little attention, before his eyes capture a pot of magnolia, with only one tiny blossom.

"It is autumn soon, is it not?" He asks his son shortly.

"Yes, Father Emperor." His answer throws the Emperor into a series of deep thinking, that again, another summer will go. That soon, another year will pass.

"I have not visited your Mother Consort's palace lately. How is she?"

"Everyday, Mother Consort has been missing Father Emperor so much that she has not been eating properly and her body has weakened. Your son sincerely hopes that Father Emperor will visit Mother Consort soon."

"I certainly will." He says after pausing for a moment.

"Your relationship with Moon has always been good. How is she?" He continues. At the mention of Seventh Princess, he tenses up as he is again reminded of her possibly being married to another country. He has always understood the fact that one day, she would be married to another man, but he has never thought it to be so soon. He is not yet prepared to let her go.

"She is...very healthy." He answers as he painfully swallows the wine he has just drunk, as if a thorn is stuck in his throat.

"High Minister Harv's suggestion was commendable. It could be the best way to prevent anymore sufferings and deaths of people caused by the war."

"...I understand."

"I know she must be feeling sad. Who will not be sad? All my sisters went through the same experience. I have witnessed it all. It is the life of a princess. A life in exchange for thousands." The Emperor continues, his eyes away from Third Prince. He definitely has not seen the changes in the expression of Third Prince.

"Therefore, Yan, I want you to persuade Moon, so that she would understand the actual weight of the title princess she holds. It is truly regrettable...that she is born in this palace, to the Imperial Family."

"...Certainly...Father Emperor." Third Prince discreetly grits his teeth and tightens his palms under the table, without the Emperor knowing. He truly hates being unable to express himself openly. He hates the fact that he has to persuade Seventh Princess into the marriage, for he is the closest to her in the palace, while harbouring an unrequited love for her. He hates it even more, the fact that he could not refuse the request made by his Father Emperor, for he has always played an obedient Third Prince, who has never defied his Father Emperor.