Forbidden

Chapter 8.

---

Author's POV:

From afar, the building can even be seen standing almightily in its glory. Red pillars and golden roofs with dragon carvings are its trademark. Huge bronze statues of imperial guardian lions are placed by the gates, often receiving admiration from almost everyone passing by those grandeurs. Up the stairs are the doors heading towards the hall which hundreds of palace guards in their stoic expression and sturdy build are guarding right now. The sun is generously gifting all living creatures its warmth and light, without any obstruction from the clouds as the sky is probably the bluest for this year.

In the Imperial Court Hall, the red carpet is spread out in the middle, separating all the officials-be it high-ranking or low-ranking, into two sides. Up the golden stairs lies the golden dragon seat, reserved only for the one befitting of it, only for the one holding the title.

Though the day may have started perfectly and beautifully for everyone, this might not be the case for the one sitting on the aforementioned seat and all his officials in the hall.

"What did you say?!" His thunderous voice echoes throughout the hall, sending jolts to everyone. Almost all the low-ranking officials lower their heads, not daring to meet his eyes.

"Your servant hereby hope that Your Majesty would reconsider a new candidate for the Crown Prince's position." Murmurs can be heard throughout the halls. Eyes are staring at the source of the voice, shocked.

"How dare you! Crown Prince is still alive!" Emperor shouts as he's trying to hold back his desire to hurl a sword at him. His hands are trembling so uncontrollably, out of anger.

"A Crown Prince who has corrupted and attempted to murder a consort is a great threat to our great empire." His voice carries a silent yet distinct challenge to him, as if he no longer wants his life.

"High Minister Shine, you don't dear your life any more do you?" He glares at him like a predator ready to pounce on its prey.

"Your humble servant dare not. It's all for the well-being of your empire!"

"I don't want to discuss this matter anymore. Fan." He signals for his loyal eunuch of years.

"Last reports! If none, court will be dismissed!" He screams throughout the hall, loud enough for even the guards guarding the doors outside to hear. They've grown used to it. Perhaps, they've even stopped asking how he's managed to train his voice as such.

"Your Majesty!" Another high-ranking officials, kneeling right at the front most moves to the centre, bowing his head at him, asking for permission.

"High Minister Harv. Speak up."

"Your Majesty. Though General Wales has successfully suppressed the breakout at the north, your servant believe that it's still unsafe to just take their loyalty for granted."

"So what's your solution?"

"Your humble servant think that a political marriage would be the best solution." Again this instills a breakout of murmur, before it dies out again as the Emperor casts upset looks across the hall.

"Why?"

"The north would never dare to harm Your Majesty's bloodline, for they know the consequences. Furthermore, even if they dare to again cause chaos, we can easily suppress and take over them. This is obviously by the help of the princess' guard who would accompany and protect her as she marries over."

"So... Who would you suggest?"

"Seventh Princess."

---