Sneak Peek

So, unfortunately, I had a very long day today, and tomorrow is off the market as well, so I won't be able to update this book, so I've decided to put together a teaser of some sort. This happened before the story even began.

Y/N's father POV

I should have realized camping in O'Khasis's land would lead to trouble. Soldiers swarm everywhere, and the sent of blood fills the air. My four-year old daughter screams and cries at the shouts tearing through the air. Some of the other bandits in our group have already fled, and some lay on the ground, ominously still. You know O'Khasis will take prisoners with them, and they'll never be free again.

There's no chance of anyone escaping O'Khasis if they get a hold on our main tracking gem. It could lead O'Khasis to every single bandit we have! I'd rip the tracking implant out of both mine and my daughter's skin if I could. I need to find it. I leap out of my tent, and stab a guard in the back, making a mad dash for our leader's tent. It's covered in smoke and fire.

I quickly duck under the entrance to the tent, and curse under my breath as the bottom of my jacket catches fire. I rip it off, uncaring. The body of our leader lies slumped in a corner and I drop to my knees, devastated. I feed off the upcoming tears, and look through her jacket, her pockets, and her bag.

"There." I mutter, and quickly stuff the gem in my pocket. I hear a blood-curdling shriek as soldiers break into my tent. They return outside with my daughter, who kicks and screams, but it's no use.

"Hand over the gem, bandit," The High Priest of O'Khasis stands over me, triumph glittering in his eyes. "We have your daughter."

"You won't kill her. I know it. You'd be killing off your only leverage over me." I say, as calmly as possible, fighting off my raging emotions. I'd like nothing better than to stab Zane in the stomach, but I keep my calm.

"Let me go, or I'll destroy the gem along with me." I say.

"You won't leave your daughter behind." Says Zane.

"Yes, I will." I say, and duck under Zane's arm, and take off running.

"Tell her that the shine of something lost will recover another secret!" I yell behind me.

I hope you'll forgive me one day, my precious daughter.

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED I SAID IN THE BOOK THAT ZANE IS ONE YEAR OLDER THAN Y/N, AND THAT WOULD MEAN HE WOULD BE FIVE AT THE TIME OF THIS ATTACK. SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE, JUST CHANGE ZANE TO WHICHEVER O'KHAIS PERSON YOU WANT.