To Rest

( SEASON SIX )

"What? Are you gonna tell me that Sam is alive?" She asks.

"Yes." Dean sighs. "Sam is alive."

"He's back?" Elena says. "I don't want to see him."

Dean looks taken back. "What do you mean you don't want to see him?" He asks.

"Do you know how long it took for me to get over him?" Elena asks. "I had to see a therapist, Dean. A therapist."

"You don't think I was shocked when I found out?" Dean asks. "I'm just as shocked as you are."

Elena straightens up. "How long has he been back?" She asks.

"A year?"

"A year?" Elena repeats. "And he never came back to get me. Wow." She says lamely.

"He thought he was protecting you." Dean says.

Elena looks angry. "He could've picked up the phone and called me!" She yells.

"Don't shoot the messenger, I found out not too long ago." Dean says. "That's why I need you to come with me so you can both-"

"I'm not going." Elena says.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Dean asks. "Yes you are."

"I spent literally half of my time here trying to get over him dying." Elena says. "I can't look him in the eye."

"So you're not coming."

"I'm sorry Dean." Elena says. "But it was really good to see you."

»

It's been a year since Sam risked his life and fell into the pit with Lucifer. All Elena wanted to do was give up.

Dean had moved in with Lisa and seemed to be happy. Left with no other option, Elena decides to track him down.

Just when things were finally getting right, Sam is back, but he's different.

He's ruthless and appears to have no feelings for Elena anymore.

Well that's because he has no soul. Literally.

The only way to save him is to build a wall in his mind and restore his memories. But that might not be such a good idea.

[Supernatural Season 6]

all rights go to Eric Kripke & Robert Singer; I do not own Elena or any other Vampire Diaries characters, just the storylines