Secrets Unfolded (Chapter 5)

It was just the start of sunrise as he led me back to Brookstone County. I must had gone really deep into the woods,considering we have been walking for about three hours now. I had no idea what time it was, nor where we were going from this point. From left to right, forward and back, all I could see was the tall pine trees covering the pathway.  I stop my thoughts of my surroundings as I hear the voice of Mason's once more. 

             "A penny for your thoughts?" he asked. I look back at him, as I open my mouth to speak. Nothing comes out as I remember what I was just doing. I couldn't tell him that I was just looking at the scenery. He would think I'm clueless!! "Its really nothing." I reply, vividly. I wait for his reply,looking away this time. He smirks as says,"Fine then, don't tell me." It was dead silent after that. I couldn't even hear the sound of birds chirpping anymore. I sighed in defeat as I finally said, "The truth is that I was thinking about the amount I had been walking the other day, considering how long we had been walking. I told you it was nothing." A smile formed in his face after he heard what I had said. "Thats not nothing you know." He says with a little sarcasm. 

                    The mood finally changed afterwards. Time passed quickly as we talked about the simplest of things. From food to hobbies, and things we like to things we disliked the most. We had only known each other for a few days but we already learned so much about each other. Which was left with the final subject that changed my normal life from now on,our past. "Mason, is it okay if I ask, but how long have you lived in that Manor?" I wait for Mason to reply but he just stays silent. He even moves his eye contact from me. After a while, he finally answers. "Do you really want to know?Will you still keep your promise after I tell you?" I could tell he was serious. I had to know what his past was, and that Manor had a lot to do with it. I will keep my promise, but what will Mason's past do to it?

                 "I will keep my promise no matter what. That means I will be with you through thick and thin. So I do want to know." His glance lightens from what I had said. "I can't tell you, but I can show you." He says as he wraps his arms around me. "Do you trust me?" He asks. I nod simply,unable to speak. Without a word he tightens his grip around my waist and lifts me off the ground! I scream in fear from heights but he doesn't speak. A smile curves on his face as he flies to the highest branch of a tree. He finally puts me down as he sits on the branch. "So what do you think about me now then?"

***********************************************************************************

   Well thats chapter 5 for you. How is Mason able to fly? How will Rosie react to this? I know this is very clich'e, but its really hard not to. I will try though to make it as different as possible though! Oh and Mason is not a vampire. I had gotten a few messages of wanting him to be a vampire but I wasn't making it this type of story. Sorry if you wanted it that way. Anyways, please comment and tell me what you think. I will definately update soon!