Hopeful Promises (Chapter 4)

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been updating my story in a while and I really wanted to know what you think about this next chapter. I apologize in advanced if you are not used to my new writing style. To some people, it may still look very similar and unnoticable. 

************************************************************************************

 "Don't promise things you can't keep."

        My eyes widen from what I had just heard. Before I could have a chance to even reply, he gets up quickly like nothing had just happened. I sit on the couch, emotionless and unable to speak. I look up finally to see him put a black, button up coat over him. I feel one of his cold hands touch mine roughly, as he pulls me away from his Manor. Still unable to speak, I walk quickly behind,trying to keep up with his pace. Everything was happening so fast that I couldn't even keep up. 

                      As we move past the magical garden I had first seen, I pull away my hand from his. I try to catch my breath as his shadow looks back at me. The aura has fully changed from before. The beautiful, romantic scenery I had gazed on before had froze to the gloomy and lonely scene that this manor carries. I knew that he was angry, but that was the least of my worries right now.

        "What is with you all of a sudden!? Moving so quickly and clenching my hand! Making me lose the feeling in my arm!" I shout loudly. A argument starts as we both scream at what was happening. Constant screaming and shouting continue as time passes.

        The yelling breaks off as he yells in aggravation. "I don't want to get close to someone that will leave me afterwards! Not again!" All my thoughts dissapear as his words fill my head.

        I try to hold back my laughter but it increases with no exceptions. "You were furious because of that?" He looks away from embarrassment, "Earlier,you had promised me that I won't be alone anymore. That promise is impossible to keep though. You will one day leave me."

         His face was full on red at that point. Which was when I thought of the perfect resolution to this situation. I walk  slowly towards the tall,bashful fellow I had grown to meet. "Mason,you're absolutely right. One day I will leave you." My lips can't help but curve upwards into a smile.

"And how is this supposed to make me feel better?" he asks in pure confusion.

I laugh slightly as I see the change in his expression. He was truly flabbergasted. 

"I could never be with you forever. Its impossible. I know that I will one day I will have to leave this world. So how's about I make a different promise to you instead?"

A smile curves on his face as well as he knows what I will be saying next. Of course though, he asks anyways "And what would that be?"Hmmm......well I promise to always be by your side until that time comes. And when it does, I promise you won't be alone." 

                             I wait for him to reply as he pretends to think of an answer.

"Thats two promises you know right? He states,hesitantly.

"I know." I reply confidently.

 "Rosie,you're one weird kind of girl, you know." He says trying to hold back his laughter. "What! How?" I shout in confusion. Must he tease me at a moment like this? "Well we just met and yet your'e promising me something that lovers would proprose. Doesn't that seem weird just a bit? Unless you Love me!" Mason states with a smug grin on his face.

         My face starts to get warmer as I recapture what he said. Love? No way...That can't be possible. I start to laugh awkwardly as I shout "You wish, If anything you would love me! I AM AMAZING!" I finish saying with a high pitch voice. "We'll see about that, Carrington." He replies cheerefully. "Pshh...watever! Now whats your return promise to mine,hmmm?"

His glance softens as he says "I promise from now and always to make you smile and laugh just like how you are right now."  The scene fades away as a new friendship starts with a hopeful promise.

***************************************************************************************

What will happen next? Did you like this chapter? Tell me what you think by leaving a comment! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE BTW! 

Masons ManorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara