Mysterious New Faces (Chapter 3)

Rosie

          As I bend down slowly to pick a rose, I hear a mysterious voice say "You do know that this is trespassing right?" I look up behind me to see a boy around my age. "Umm.....I'm sorry, its just..." I start to say but he stops me. "Look,save it. At least stand up first before speaking to me. Its annoying seeing a random girl in my home in the first place. The least you can do is stand up first." I slowly stand up after hearing what he had just said. I look directly into his soul full black eyes. I stare in amazement from how he had actually look. His short dark brown hair,and his deeply pale skin peering straight at me somehow made me unable to speak. I try to speak directly but end up looking down as I talk. "I was trying to say that I got lost on my way home,and I found your manor from the bright light." I could tell without even looking that his glum expression,that he had calmed down. He starts to sigh in relief as he cues me to follow him.

             As we walk through another hallway,it is fully silent. I keep looking down as we walk up the stairs. I wasn't really sure where he was taking me in the first place. Was it a bad idea to have followed him? My thoughts stop suddenly as I bump into something by accident. I look up as I see the same boy I had followed. My senses come back immediately and realize what I had just done. I hastily answer to him with a simple "I'm so sorry!" The boy doesn't reply. After a minute so soon he replies,"Geez,you don't have to apologize so much. You just bumped into me. No harm,no foul." The conversation ends in a flash as we make it to his head quarter.

                I look around to see where I had just entered. As I look around, I see a study desk and a black narrow chair next to it. In the front I see a antique sofa made to fit the manor of this room. To top it off,there was a huge window right when you walk in. There was no view that could be like any other in a place like this. In other words,the view was vivid. You could never really tell what you were actually looking at. I felt bad for causing so much distress. "What is your name anyways?" the mysterious boy asks me. I hesitate at first to give my name,but plead to what situation that I am in already. "Rosie," I replied. His expression didn't change. I thought he would give me his name in return,but nothing came from the boy. I decided to ignore his existence for a while and take a closer look at the view again. "Mason." He says abruptly. "What?" I asked. "My name...its Mason." he replies again,more agitated. A curve of a smile formed from my mouth was about to come. I shut it out all of a sudden. Why was it that this guy always made me act so weird? I've never had to deal with emotions like this before? I start to submerge into a deep thought,processing what had happened.

        I stop thinking as I hear a loud noise from something that fell. The book shelf had just tipped over. I glance back at Mason as he blushes from what he had just did. His cheeks were flushed red like a red rose,from embarrassment. I tried not to laugh from what had just happened but I couldn't help it. I would have never thought that he would do that. Maybe he wasn't so mysterious after all? The dark aura from him had faded away from this moment. He's actually nice. Although,this was just a thought of course. Mason no longer said anything. He was just too flushed from embarrassment to say anything. I let my smile show towards him as I reassured him that it was okay.

            "Come on, its probably late by now. You live in Brookstone right? I'll take you back tomorrow so just rest for a while till then." He stated,less alarmed. I watch closely as he grabs something from his desk. A bunch of paperwork is held on his hands. Most in different languages. I wonder what it was for. He was still only a high schooler. "Your still here right? You can check out the rest of the Manor by yourself. The guest room is right next to here." He says,with the same expression he had when we first met. I look down as I walk to the guest room. My head sulks down at the thought of what he had just said. The sweet moment we had just had was gone in an instant. The expression he had again showed that he really wants to be alone. I walk slowly,not facing him,as I walk to the guest room.

             I stop suddenly as I hear his voice again,but quietly. "Don't go if you don't want to." My eyes widen to what I had heard. Is this him saying that he wants me to stay with him? I don't turn to him as I smile cheerfully. I didn't understand why but I like being near Mason. I wish to know him more,and why he is so distant towards talking to others. I sit down on the sofa. Everything was silent. Mason seemed busy from the paperwork he was dealing with. I had just met Mason,yet it feels like we were already becoming friends. The atmosphere changes suddenly as he walks closer to me. He stops as he sits right next to me. His bangs covered his eyes so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "Stay still." He orders,as he uses my lap as a pillow. My heart races faster and faster from what has just happened. How can this be happening! I just met him and yet I'm getting nervous from him! I don't move as he falls asleep. I try to move but his head is so heavy. How can this be? I give up and sat still as he said.

         Hours had past,and nothing has changed. I would have thought that he would wake up by now but I was definitely wrong. I start to wonder if Mason was the only one here. "Hey Mason.....you probably can't hear me right now but do you stay in this place by yourself?" I thought he wouldn't reply because he was asleep but I heard from the corner of my ear,a voice that whispered "yes." I glance back at Mason but his eyes were still closed. He probably just talked in his sleep. The room is still silent like before. I look around the room again as I see that morning was coming. I wasn't thinking when I said this,but I did mean it. "Don't worry, I promise you wont be alone anymore. I'll even visit everyday to make sure of it." I put my hand over my mouth as I realize what I had said. I look back at Mason quickly to see if he heard. I hoped that he didn't hear anything but of course,he did. I don't hear anything for a while. I was sort of glad that he didn't say anything. The silence stopped as I heard Mason say "Don't promise things you can't keep." My eyes widen from what I had just heard. 

************************************************************************************************************

            Well thats the third chapter of Masons Manor. What will happen next between Mason and Rosie? Why would Mason say something like that? Read and Find out! Please comment and share!