Love Dont Cost A Thing

Nicki

"What you looking at creep?" One of the girls laughed and the others followed.

"Your presence is not wanted here" I frowned as they continued to taunt him.

"Why the fuck you all up on my girl?!" Leno yelled pushing him back roughly.

"I I umm I'm" he stuttered and I felt so sorry for him.
"Such a nerd" he chuckled and punched his folders out of his hand, immediately the boy knelt down and tried collecting his papers.

"Yo Leno! Wtf you playing at?!" I yelled standing in front of the boy as he picked up his shit.

"Stay out of this Nicki"

"Nah nigga, I was watching the whole thing and he ain't do shit it's ya little chihuahua there that started this!" I said pointing at his girlfriend Mehgan.

"Ion know why you defending him so hard he's nobody" I shook my head as my best friend Alicia approached us with a confused look on her face.

"What's going on? Wassup Leno" she dapped him and looked back over at me. "Nicki just tripping, I guess she felt like captain save a nerd today" Mehgan stated adding her two cents in to the situation. It took everything in me not to swing at her.

Just then the bell went and everybody scrambled off to their lessons leaving me and him.

"You okay?" He nodded fixing his folders not giving me any eye contact.
"I'm sorry about them-"

"You shouldn't be it wasn't you doing it" he said speaking for the first time, I felt my knees grow weak at the tone of his voice.

I swallowed hard and knelt down to help him. "What's your name?"
"Daniel" I smiled. "I'm Nicki" he chuckled standing up with everything in his hand.

"I know" "ooh well I've got a lesson so I'll see you around" he nodded and walked off into the opposite direction.

"So you wanna explain what that was about earlier?" Alicia whispered to me while I tried taking notes on what the teacher was saying.

"I felt sorry for him. You know I hate bullies" I replied. "Yeah but you can't just go around standing up for nerds like that, have you considered how this will make you look?

You're the most popular girl in the school, remember that"

"Class dismissed" before I could say anything Alicia speed off I guess she was mad at me but I really don't care.

I walked along the halls by myself trying to tune out of the sound of these thirsty wanna be thugs trying to get at me.

"Aye Nic when you gon let me take you out?" Zayn yelled walking over to me grabbing my waist.
"Everyday you ask me the same thing and everyday I respond the exact same way. Why do you even try?" I asked not bothering to push his hands off me because I knew he'd put them right back.

I've known Zayn since we were 6 and ever since then he's had this massive crush on me although he knew nothing would happen, we grew up together and I saw him as a brother nothing more.

"Anyway what's this I heard about you standing up for losers and shit" He asked placing one arm over my shoulder as we continued to wall.

"It was one time & he's not a loser-" I raised his eyebrows at me.
"So what is he?" I thought for a moment trying to come up with a name for him the nicest way I could.

"He's unique" I said matter of factly and we both burst out laughing.
"You're so annoying Zay" I said looking up at him.

"Sit with me?" I pouted looking up at him when we entered the canteen.
"Ally mad at you?" I nodded and he sighed walking in with me.

"Hurry up Nic my arms hurting" he complained about holding my tray for me. "Stop whining and hold it properly if you drop my food I swear-"

"Just hurry up ight"
"I'm done now anyway."
"I got it." He said when I pulled my money out. "You sure?" He nodded and handed me the tray so he could get his money out to pay for me.

"You done?"

"Stop rushing me! If you wanna go play ball outside go, I'm fine here by myself" I frowned.

"I'll see you later?" I nodded and he stood up to leave. "Bye Nic" he kissed my forehead and left, leaving me on this big ole table by myself.

"Danny!" I called out and he turned to face me. "C'mere" I patted the space next to me. He walked over cautiously.

"Me?" He asked once he was stood in front of me and I nodded yes giggling he was so shy it was cute.

"It's Daniel" "I know but I like Danny, unless there's something wrong with me calling you that?"

"Can I see something for a second?" Before he could respond I leaned forward and took off his glasses.

I placed them on the table and looked back at him biting my lips. "You got nice eyes" I smiled admiring his captivating hazel eyes.

"Thanks, too bad they don't work properly" he shrugged putting his glasses back on. "You ever tried contacts?-"

"Nicki what are you doing?" Alicia asked interrupting our conversation I rolled my eyes and looked over to her and the rest of my friends.

"I was lonely since my friends ditched me"

"So you decided to chill with the reason we're mad at you!" Cassie added.

"You guys are so disrespectful he's sitting right here" They all shrugged looking at him like he was nothing.

"I've got to go I'll see you around. Bye Nicki" he stood up taking my tray as well as his own. "Thank you babe" I smiled and he returned the gesture.

"Nicki I think we need to have a talk-"
"Nah I'm good bye y'all"

"For this next project you guys are going to have to get into partners-" Everyone rushed beside the person they wanted to work with.

I looked over at Ally who was partnered up with someone else. I shook my head in disbelief we ALWAYS worked together for projects and she was abandoning me over something so petty.

"Nic you got a partner?" Sadie asked. I moved my stuff off the seat and let her sit down.

I decided to look around the room and see who everyone was partnered with as I did so I noticed Danny way way back in the corner of the room sat alone.

I felt so bad, I'd never noticed him EVER, I don't even know how I noticed him earlier in the hall.

"Urm Daniel do you mind joint a group of three?" Our teacher asked.

"No miss, I'll work with him" I held my hand up. "Okay Onika, so you Daniel and Sadie will work in a three"

"Actually I changed my mind I wanna work with Lena" Sadie said and I knew it was because of Daniel, people was so concerned with status in this school but I shrugged her off and went to sit beside him.

"Hey" I smiled. "How come I never noticed you here before?"

"I use to be in Mr Carters class but the class was spilt around and I ended up in here"

"Oh well... My house or yours?" I asked not really caring. "Yours?" I smiled flipping my hair over my shoulder out of the way so we could plan our project.

"Oh before I forget here's my number, come by at around 6:00 cause I gotta pick up the baby at 5:30"

"Baby?" He asked and I nodded taking out my phone and showing him her photo on my lock screen. "Yeah, Aaliyah Xnay Santiago, my pride and joy, I thought you knew?"

"No I don't really feed in to gossip, I heard something about you having a baby last year but I didn't think it was true"

"Oh you don't have to worry about her anyway, her father will collect her before you come over"

"See ya later Danny"
"Bye Nicki" I smiled walking out to my car as the lesson ended.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////