Chapter 8; Unwanted Truth

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You want me to tell you the truth? All we did was make out. Okay? Nothing serious happened. We were drunk, we were having fun, that's it." She says calmly but I can still sense the anger.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay good-"

"But what do you mean 'you wish you could tell me the truth'? Michael we're best friends, you need to be honest with me." She says with a softer tone.

"I know... But I can't." I say sadly.

"Why not?" She asks, standing up and walking towards me.

"Because I don't want to ruin what we already have." I whisper to myself hoping she doesn't hear me.

"Michael. Why did you beat up Luke? Why are you so protective over me when it comes to guys hanging it with me? Why do you care so much about what Luke and I had possibly done?" She shoots questions at me one after another.

"Because I like you!" I blurt.

She looks startled, then confused.

"I have a crush on you." I say in defeat.

I just realized how childish I sound by saying 'I have a crush on you.' But I mean, I don't love her. Do I?

"Michael..." She says. I can hear a sob in the back of her throat, but she's pushing it down.

"I... I don't know what to say..." She says shaking her head slowly and looking at the ground.

My face falls and my heart sinks. She doesn't like me back.

I open my mouth to speak, but she beats me to it.

"I've always saw you as a brother to me..." She whispered.

Great. I just got 'brother-zoned'

I sigh sadly and tell her calmly, "well I'm always here for you. And I would never hurt you. I didn't think I would ever hurt Luke either. Just the thought of him doing something to you that you wouldn't have wanted really pissed me off. I'm sorry. I'm just telling you the truth as to why I did what I did." I ramble.

She looks at me with glistening eyes. Then a single tear rolls down her cheek.

"Aw Chels." I whisper. I approach her slowly and put my hand up to her cheek. "Don't cry." I whisper again as I wipe the tear away.

"I think you need to leave." She says with a shaky voice.

My eyebrows knit together, but then my expression softens.

"Alright." I say quieter than I expected. "You can always talk to me, I'm always here for you." I smile warmly.

She looks at me with tears brimming her eyes.

"Please go." She whispers.

Instead of doing what she instructed, I did the complete opposite. I engulf her in a tight yet warm hug. I know hugs are her favorite thing that calms her down the most. So that's what I did. At first, she doesn't fight or push me away, she just stands there awkwardly, then she finally wraps her skinny arms around my torso.