Chapter 3

Tino automatically shielded Peter with his body, as Thurston and Bernard came out of the shadows. Bernard was giggling quietly, holding a knife, and Thurston was armed with his usual set of throwing knives.

"Aww, the mother hen is scared for her baby chick!" Bernard teased, twirling the knife in his hand. Thurston merely rolled his eyes, and growled.

Tino stood up, and moved forward in a blur. In an instant Bernard had been disarmed, and Tino had ahold of his weapon. The little blonde retreated back to Peter, standing in front of him protectively.

"If you so much as touch him, you'll have hell to pay." He said in a menacing tone, eyes flashing with anger. Peter whimpered, and sat behind Tino with wide fearful eyes.

Thurston looked pissed, and readied his throwing knives. But before he could toss one, Tino was in motion. He attacked his 2p, pinning him to the ground. Thurston fought back, slashing at Tino with all the strength he possessed.

Eventually, Bernard stepped in, and pushed Tino off of Thurston, taking his weapon back. This gave the smaller 2p the chance to sit on top of his 1p, and hold a knife to his throat. "I didn't want it to end this way, but you leave me with no choice." Thurston said, pushing the knife further downward, drawing blood. Tino coughed, and looked to Peter with a silent apology.

"I love you Peter. Tell Papa I love him." Tino shouted, as the knife was pressed even further. "Run! Go Peter, Run away!"  He struggled with all his might, attempting to push his 2p away.

Peter heard what his parent had said, and got up with tears in his eyes. He turned towards the house, and bolted as fast as his little legs could carry him.

Thurston stopped momentarily, and cursed under his breath. "Bernard, fetch the boy. I have to finish this one off." He growled to his companion.

"But Thurston dear, you promised you wouldn't kill anyone!" Bernard protested, a concerned look crossing his face.

Thurston sighed, and got up to look Bernard in the eyes. He kept a foot planted on Tino's chest to prevent him from rising. This didn't stop Tino from struggling though, and he nearly escaped several times.

"You'll listen to me if you know what's good for you." Thurston said to Bernard dangerously, red eyes lighting up with frustration.

Bernard nodded, looking a bit terrified. "But first, can I do one thing, sweet pea?" He asked.

Thurston waved his hand about in annoyance. "Make it quick, I have people to murder."

Bernard smiled, and grabbed Thurston's face. He leaned down, and connected their lips in a rough kiss. The smaller 2p was surprised, and furrowed his brow in confusion, but didn't reject the kiss.

With Thurston distracted, Tino squirmed out from under his foot, and made a run for it. He didn't get very far, before he felt two sickening jolts of pain shoot into his back. He yelped, and fell to the ground, curling into a ball. The pain was nearly overwhelming, and he started to cry quietly.

Thurston, he surmised, had thrown two of his knives at his back. It made the most sense to Tino, and he reached back to try and pull them out. They were just out of his grasp, so he just left them, and started to drag himself away.

The 2ps were apparently still kissing, and Tino was amazed that Thurston was able to hit his target while distracted. The 2p knew Tino wouldn't get very far, and was taking his sweet time.

This only fueled the determination in Tino's heart, and he kept crawling along. He had to do it for his family. He would survive for everyone who loved and cared about him.
------------------------------------------