Chapter 4

It was really quiet in the car for awhile, but it wasn't as quiet as before; after all there was another living being in the car. She actually breathed and moved causing her clothes to rub together and make a quaint soft noise then she would clear her throat and look over to me nervous then out the window. I finally grew bored of this;it's been quiet for like 4 hours...

"So what's your story?" I asked then smiled at her. "How did you get trapped in that store?" I said to be a little more specific, I hope she didn't think I was intruding. She looked over to me and had a soft expression on her face and her eyes were soft with tears,her eyes slightly red, indeed I feel like I violated her emotions her memories we had only met but we could be the last humans on the Earth couldn't she trust me? I suppose that's a good reason to not trust me. Charlie cleared her throat and started to speak.

"Oh,Uh well you see this all started when I was 15, the apocalypse, my family was trying to get out of Dallas and we stopped at that store back there, and well some of those things caught up to us, I crawled in the ceiling before they could get to me.." her voice became thick and tears started to stream down her tan cheeks, she covered her mouth with her hand and then whipped her tears by childishly rubbing her eyes; right no more eye liner or mascara to worried about smearing. She started to speak again and I could only help listen I was now all she had, and I was all hers. "I watched those sons of bitches eat apart my family! My Mother! My Father! My little brother! Georgie he was only 4!" she said in desperation, her tears wore heavy on her face her eyes puffy and her face red. I pulled out a tissue from the glove box and handed it to her and pet her hair trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry Charlie... I really am, I watched my family die too." I said then pulled my hand away. "While my family and I were running out to the car to get away from the neighborhood a person I used to know dragged my down by my ankles." I suppose it was my turn. "My father got her away from me, and bashed her head in but once he killed her, her lover ripped into him killing him... I lost my dad that day." I said then looked over to her with sympathy "I was only 13 then." I said then added a kind smile then looked back out to the road. "soon after my mom and me stopped some place and while she was in the bathroom she was eaten, I didn't watch her die but I heard her screams, I heard her cry for me to run to never get caught." My hand tightened on the wheel and I swallowed my spit then looked over to Charlie, she looked shocked, slightly embarrassed that she was the only one sobbing in the car.

"So that makes you 20?" I asked trying to ease the tension a little.She looked over to me and nodded softly then whipped her cheeks with her palms then sniffled. "Yes, Yeah I am." She said softly then cleared her throat. "Then that makes you 18?" she asked sweetly."Yes ha-ha I am." I replied, we are coming into another city it seemed almost empty just a few zombies here and there and of course a lesbian, why are they everywhere! They're just EVERYWHERE! "Why don't we turn around and get out of Texas?" I asked driving through the city.

She nodded and agreed, this time I wanted to go to Kansas. It's the only place I really want to go see I wonder if it's really just farm land like everyone says; or well used to say. I guess now I won't be so lonely I have a traveling companion, although she'solder than I am, I feel like I should keep her safe and protect her; she's so frail so innocent. I wonder if she likes boys like I do, I wonder if she had a boyfriend. Maybe she did; I guess it would be a little rude to ask so, I better not ask. We turned the car around and started driving back up through the states, we had to cross through Oklahoma, a small town called 'Stroud' would be the break point,it was a small town which had few people so less zombies, hopefully we could stop there and refuel, get food and sleep before going on until Kansas. I also hoped I could keep Charlie with me all the time and by my side, I'm sure she's just as angry as me, with the apocalypse and all I hope she's a good fighter and will have my back in tough situations. Maybe we could be like partners in crime and maybe we could kill all the zombies on the planet and then the world will be peaceful again. Perhaps were not the only ones alive maybe there are other people. Maybe there is a chance humanity will survive.