Chapter 3

My head lights hit a reflecting sign on the road, a small convenience store, no one seemed around and I was miles out from where I had been, I reached into my back seat and pulled my bow and arrows out and slung the sack of my projectiles on my back and kept one loaded. I then reached down on the floor board and got my black packing bag almost empty of supplies. Only some Band-Aids were at the bottom it was time for a supplies raid. Rule number 2 of the new world we live in, make supplies last to avoid confrontation with Zombies might be chicken but hey that's why I'm still alive while everyone else is dead.

I slowly emerged from my car with my eyes peeled for the slightest movement, ready to shoot an arrow through an eye with ease; after years of being alone in this world you learn quickly how to protect yourself and you learn which weapons is your best friend. I softly stroked my locket that was tied to my bow handle and I walked into the store, it seemed to be empty but the place didn't look old like the rest it looked freshly in ruins, like something has been here. I wonder if the zombies are getting smarter and are watching and waiting like a true hunter instead of a free for all. I slunk around the isles in the store as I finished the rounds the store seemed to be empty. I took off my shoulder bag and started to gather supplies.I loaded on PB&J's and granola bars and especially pads and tampax! Hey just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean that I get a period off nope! I noticed strangely enough that there were boxes opened. I walked behind the counter and took about 5 bottles of pain killers; I then noticed the ceiling tile was ajar. I set my bag down and went to inspect, never have I seen tiles ajar as this, and things were perfectly aligned for a person to climb inside.

I stepped closer and movement echoed through the ceiling, someone is up there a zombie would have already tried to attack me it wouldn't hide. "Oi!" I shouted I heard a whimper of frustration from the human in hiding. "Come down here!" I demanded, still the survivor refused. I slid into the opening and the sight I looked upon was amazing, this ceiling space was entirely livable. There was an air mattress weighed down with blankets and even a small window for light, this person had acquired other things from the store and also had a suit case of clothes. There was a soft shuffle and scuffs from the corner, I raised my bow just in case it was not alive. "Show yourself!" I said in a demanding tone and stood dominantly ready to protect myself no way was I dyeing here.

A girl that looked my age had long brown hair that clearly needed to be cut moved from the corner towards me, she was frightened, she was beautiful, bright green eyes, some freckles even; she was scarred. I lowered my bow and spoke softly. "Are you a Lesbian?" I said in curiosity. The girl then looked concerned with a confused tilt of the head. "W-What a strange question to ask!" she said then stood up slowly. "Why are you here!!?" she demanded I could tell she's been here for along time. "I thought I was the only one left..." she said in a soft tone while glancing to the side then looked back at me. "Can you get me out of here; this place is almost out of supplies. I can't live here longer, just take me somewhere else" she begged. "WO WO at least, what's your name?" I asked and held out my hand to formally meet her. Just because the world is covered in man eating monsters doesn't mean you should disrespect a woman. That's just rude. She shook my hand. "My name is Charlie short for Charlotte."She said with a smug smile. "Georgie, short for Georgenious." She smiled cutely and hugged me and started crying into my chest, I just let her cry, she probably needed a good cry she has been alone like me, getting through this all alone I wouldn't blame her, I couldn't cry now, no not now, maybe after I find a boy, not only that some one to remove my braces because I just wasted another day in finding a doctor.