Chapter 2

It's so hard to look for wax when the wire is stabbing me; it's hard to eat when these metal wires are stabbing my gums and cutting my cheek!It's a pain!! I wish I never had braces! If only we knew this would have happened, maybe my mom still wouldn't have changed her mind;she would say something along the lines of. "Even in the apocalypse you have to have straight teeth." And even "I don't care if everyone is eating meat you must eat your broccoli" she really was a good mom like that. The only thing I have to remember them are my English poetry book and a locked she gave me on my 13th birthday, it has a picture of her with my dad, I still miss them,sometimes I think they're just lost and not dead.

After my mom died and I was completely alone I learned to drive before anyone else in my school! I think I'm the best at it compared to everyone else who is walking everywhere they go. I drive right over the yellow lines; everyone's cars are on the side of the road it's like a guard rail. Right now I'm driving I decided to finally move to a new place more zombies keep coming into the town I live so it's time to move on. Now I'm so far from the place that I call home,away from the beach and all the alligators and snakes, I miss the hot weather in Florida. Now I think I'm in some place called Texas, I think this is the place sponge bob and Patrick were talking about when they were making fun of Sandy, this is really big OL Stupid Texas!

So I'm driving down the street in my black SUV with really nothing inside of it besides me my book and some wax I picked up in a run down gas station I'm running low, down to my last two strips of wax.Girls would call when their hair won't curl right the real struggle but you know what is? Find this God damn wax! I'm half tempted to break into a bee hive here! Don't even get me started about hair!I'm pretty sure my hair is cut all uneven and looks bad but hey its long and you know what's great about that? Hair ties! Those are so much easier to find then wax, and that's a load off, but I've been debating if I should just cut it all off, so I don't have to worry about it getting tangled or caught on anything. Something like my great grandpa's, like from the 1940s, something simple. But what if I look bad, what if it's so bad when I actually find a boy who is not a zombie and is alive, what if I find him and he runs away from the atrocious thing I call hair. I'll just wait till after I get these braces off, one step at a time.

The engine hummed as I drove down the road leading into Dallas Texas; I suppose I should have gone there when the disease broke out because the cowboys never catch anything. But then again that bitch in the road did she caught a pussy, stupid lesbian. I laughed a laugh of pure joy as I slammed my car door in her face, disfiguring it and leaving the- "Useless Lesbian" I shouted- Zombie confused.

There are a few rules I have learned to survive this new world of death and chaos. One of those rules would be to be quiet, don't make waves to stir the pot of the undead. I just broke rule number 1. I wonder why most of the times I'm not dead yet. I looked back into my rear view mirror and watched a few Zombies' emerge from the distance. I hope they don't follow me for long, now I can't stop in Dallas, I'll keep going till I hit another town I suppose.

I sighed at my mistake I was ready to get out stretch my legs and eat a god damn PB&J I'm so hungry, and I'm dying for a shower. You know what sucks about the car, there is no noise besides the hum of the engine; no music no radio, I wouldn't even charge a cell phone because it's always good to be resourceful, why waste my car battery on a stupid phone. Sometimes if I'm lucky ill find a house that still has running electricity, ill charge my phone and look at all the pictures of me and my friends when everything was good and the only chaos in my world was when I got rejected by some boy at school or my best friend was not at school and left me home alone and especially when I was out of eye shadow. Now I just look like a dickhead with dirt on it, all plain and un-colorful. I can't even remember why everyone was so attached to cell phones, I think it made us not value life anymore and after the disease hit, the internet crashed to stop the fear from spreading from the rest of the world the radio, the music everything stopped and it was only filled with tears and screams and blood gurgling in mouths of the devours of the living.