)( Chapter Two )(

Začít od začátku

                “You wouldn’t happen to be missing a companion, would you?” She asked softly.

                Shachi stared at the beautiful girl in a daze and a faint blush clung to his cheeks as he began to clam up unable to speak to her.

                Law made no move to answer her. She seemed somewhat familiar to him as if he’d seen her somewhere before, perhaps only in passing.

                Felicity began to feel self-conscious as the two men continued to stare at her, the one in the white suit looked ready to faint, but his devilishly handsome companion continued scrutinizing her with a discerning eye.

                “Onee-chan.” The children in the clearing began to whine. Two twin boys around the age of seven with dark unruly hair and vibrant copper colored eyes stepped out of the clearing with two sticks held in their hands like swords, “She’s our fairy princess!” They snapped causing the young woman’s cheeks to flush with an adorable faint blush.

                Princess? Law wracked his brain trying to think why the title seemed to fit her. “Bepo?!” He called out.

 His voice was dark like sinful black velvet and sent a shiver down Felicity’s spine.  Just who was this devilishly handsome man?

“Captain?” She heard the awed response of the bear.

“Let’s go.” Law said smoothly.

“He can’t go yet.” Felicity panicked but cut off her response as the devilishly handsome man shot her a cold glare.

“Are you keeping my companion prisoner, Miss Princess?” He challenged.

“Of course not. He’s my patient.” Felicity replied quickly with her hands raised for peace.

“Patient?” Law asked skeptically.

“I’m the healer’s apprentice.” She explained softly trying to keep from angering the man, “Your friend was collapsed on the beach from sunstroke. It’s not uncommon for outsiders who aren’t accustomed to the weather here.”

Law took a step forward and the two twins brandished their sticks threateningly, “Stay back.” They growled in unison.

“Rei, Kai, it’s alright.” Felicity smiled as she placed a hand atop each of their heads and ruffled their hair affectionately, “He just wants to make sure his friend is alright.”

“He’s Bear-san’s friend?” The twins asked simultaneously.

“That’s right.” Everything about her radiated warmth and compassion and Law struggled to remember where on earth he could have encountered someone with such a demure personality throughout his lifetime.

The twins begrudgingly stepped aside and Felicity led the way to the clearing. Law followed after her reluctantly leaving Shachi still in a daze. He pursed his lips into a frown as he stepped into the clearing and spotted his first mate lounging in a bed of soft cool moss and being fanned by savage children with giant palm fronds drinking coconut milk out of a shell. Felicity smiled to herself as the children fought over whose turn it was to fan the bear.

“And here we thought you were being eaten.” Law said dryly as he continued scowling at the scene before him.

“EW!” The children chorused.

                “He’s too fluffy.” A few of the girls giggled.

                “Sorry.” The white bear apologized causing the children to laugh, he’d apologized a lot since he’d woken up, for no apparent reason and the kids thought it was the funniest thing.

                Felicity giggled softly at their antics before kneeling next to the bear to administer more aloe to his sunburn.

                “What’s that?” Law asked warily as the girl picked up a goopy white mixture from a wooden bowl and rubbed it into the bear’s fur.

                “It’ll protect him from the sun.” Felicity responded simply, “He’s a white bear, he has very fair skin beneath his fur and he’ll burn easy.”

                “What’s in it?” Law looked at the mixture with distaste. It looked more likely to make the bear sick than help him, but despite its appearance it actually smelled nice, like coconuts and shea butter.

                “Zinc oxide, coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and almond oil.” Felicity replied and offered the devilishly handsome captain the bowl, “Would you like to give it a try?”

                His face remained a stony mask of indifference as he ignored her.

                “Felicity?!” A masculine voice called from the forest and Law tensed momentarily as two identical savage men burst into the clearing. “Get away from them.” They barked as they held their spears threateningly.

                The kids scrambled behind the two men quickly, but Law was surprised to see that the beautiful young woman didn’t budge. She continued her task of rubbing the goop into Bepo’s fur.

                “They’re pirates!” They snapped and the children stared between the bear and the newcomer with wide eyes.

                “I know.” Felicity shrugged her shoulders.

                “You knew?” The men stared at her in awe.

                She indicated the smiley face symbol stitched into Bepo’s jumpsuit.

                “If you knew, why didn’t you say something?” The men asked perplexed.

                “Because I don’t think it’s fair to judge someone based on an arbitrary label. Just because someone is a pirate does not automatically mean they’re a bad person.” The girl shrugged.