Chapter 7

The following day we arrived at the beach once again. The same routine was followed as the day before.

After about an hour on the beach Taylor was sitting on Jackson's lap in his chair. They were giggling like school girls to each other, leaving Percy and I to throw jabs at each other.

"Player"

"Sunshine"

"Jerk"

"Ladybug"

"What?" I said while laughing and giving him a weird look.

Suddenly Jackson and Taylor stood up.

"We're gonna go walk on the boardwalk, because I know Taylor doesn't like sand." She smiled up at and him. Like way up, because she's so short.

Taylor grabbed Jackson's hand and they ran off together shoes in hand to the boardwalk.

"Pay up!"

Percy gave me an incredulous look. "He hasn't asked her out yet!"

I gave him a 'duh' look. "Oh puhleaz we both know he's about to ask her out.

"You don't know that!"

"Yes I do!"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"Yes...wait no!" I laughed at his idiocy and placed my hand out, which he so kindly pushed away.

I sighed. "It's so cute how he's trying to please her."

He rolled his eyes. "I know gurrrl it's just so adorbs. Ha...Ha...Ha." He said in a really scary high pitched voice.

"Lol" I said, having nothing else to say.

"You don't just say Lol! It's an acronym for texting. You should just laugh."

"Lol."

"You suck!"

"Thank you."

"MEGGY!!!!!! Guess what? Jackson asked me out!" She screamed catching a few looks from curious strangers.

Then I held my hand out for Percy to pay up.

A ten dollar bill was placed in my hand.

Five minutes later...

"Soo Percy said quietly. Man we were being left together a lot lately.

"When they go on that date do you wanna hang out?"

"Like a date?"

"As friends of course..."

"Umm sure."

"Cool"

Secretly I was very excited for this opportunity to get to know him even better.