Chapter 2

"Megan!" My father yelled. "We need to speak to you!" I walked down the steps to the beachy living room my parents were sitting in. They had a somewhat serious expression on their faces. I sat down across from them wondering what their issue was.

"Yes?" I questioned in a joking tone.

My step monster placed her hand on top of mine for a millisecond before I ripped it from her grasp. Whaaa?

"We think you have a problem Megan." Oh dear lord an intervention. Can't wait to hear this.

"You have been holed up in your room for three days straight, we think you need to get out more."

I gave them an incredulous look and laughed. "Would you rather I party?"

My dad nodded, "anything but this dear...anything but this. We think you need to leave, go to the beach. Take this for something fun." My dad handed me a $20 bill.

"Umm ok..." I said a bit confused and or flabbergasted. They were so strange.

I ran up the steps and threw on a bathing suit. I grabbed a towel to sit on and ran back down the steps and out the door. My bike sat against the garage, a couple spider webs hung from it. I guess I haven't rode it in a while.

As soon as I arrived at the beach and smelt the salty air I felt happy. But as soon as I stepped on the hot sand...not so much.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" I squealed, whilst catching a few curious looks at my strangeness.

Soon I found a nice sandy (duh) spot in the middle of the beach and laid there for a while. Moments later I was covered in water, and no I did not go swimming. "Wha?" I squealed, I was doing that a lot today. Flipping over I came face to face with light green eyes with specks of gold.

"Ahhhhhh! Get away from me!!!" And then I lifted my leg and kicked him in his private parts.

"Owwww!!" He screamed like a girl. I laughed.

After squealing like a baby for a few more seconds he grunted, "you never answered my question."

I glared at the guy from Dairy Queen and quickly replied. "Stalk much?"

He winked, "only you babe."

"Creep"

"Honey"

"A-hole"

"Beautiful"

"Player"

He gave me a teasing glare, "My names Percy not Player."

"Sure it is...P-lay-er"

"You wanna go?"

"You bet!!!" I screamed about to attack him. But then another voice came into the picture.

"Hi" I looked over at the guy who just randomly appeared. He was the puppy guy. Then I looked back at Percy pretty much blatantly ignoring him.

"Player!" Soon my feet were no longer on the ground and something hard was pressing into my stomach. Percy had picked me up, and he was heading towards the ocean. Dun dun dun!

Before I knew it I was coughing water out of my mouth. Just for dramatics I went back under with one hand above my head whilst saying, "can't (cough cough cough) swim."

That was a lie obviously but he didn't know that as he ripped me up from under. The worried look on his face made me burst into laughter. Then I was splashed.

Over the next ten minutes or so we had a splash war but then decided to get out. Upon arriving at my stuff we found puppy boy texting...on my phone.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Jackson..."

"So Jackson why are you on MY phone?"

He gave me a goofy smile. "I'm texting your cousin!"

"Why?" I asked unsure of what kind of person would randomly start texting someone they didn't know on the phone of someone they didn't know. Only gay guys I guess.

"Is she really an Austrailian model?"

For the next ten minutes I could speak I was laughing way to hard. Only Taylor would say that, only her.

"Umm no?"

His face formed a pout. "Is she really blonde?"

"No"

"Tall?"

"No"

"Twenty one?"

"No, she's sixteen, tiniest sixteen year old I know, and she has brunette hair."

"Does she at least have a Australian accent?"

I raised an eyebrow, "why don't you answer that question for yourself"

He pouted, "no I guess not..."

"Why do you even care? Aren't you gay?"

"Wha? No..NO I like girls! What?"

Percy finally broke his silence with loud laughter.

"She thought you wer- hahaha, I guess you are a tad girly..."

Jackson glared at him. "Am not!"

"Are too!" He coughed under his breathe.