Chapter 3

"Ow...Ow...OWW...DammitJackson stop poking me!" I yelled frustrated while smacking away his hand.

"Your just sooo red! It's amazing! You look like a tomato!"

I glared at him, hoping to shut him up. But who was I kidding I had known this kid for like two hours and I already knew he never shut up.

"Your lucky you look like a puppy or else you'd be on the ground screaming at this point." I shot at him.

Percy gave me an amused smile whilst Jackson gave a confused look. "Huh?" He said, his tone of voice matching his face.

We had just finished up at the beach and decided to go grab some ice cream with the cash my dad gave me. I had forgotten to lather my self in sunscreen and now looked like an apple. Boohoo.

Jackson treated me like a science excitement. You'd think the kid had never seen a sunburn.

"So?" I questioned, "what type of ice cream will you folks be getting?"

"Folks? Weirdo. I will be getting cookie dough, the bestest ice cream in the world." Percy explained in his 'I am the smartest most amazing person ever' voice.

"Bestest isn't a word." I said while sticking out my tongue. Immature, I'm aware.

Percy saluted me, "yes Ms. I know everything."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Jackson who was being unusually quiet. He looked like he was concentrating really hard.

I waved my hand in front of his face. "Jackson? Hello?"

Percy glanced at me, "he's thinking...that's new."

Jackson finally looked up, "bestest isn't a word? My childhood is ruined."

I rolled my eyes, "funner isn't either, oh and by the way Santa isn't real."

His eyes became wide as saucers, "whaaaa..wha?"

"It's true." Percy agreed while he patted Jackson's back and nodded.

"Wow...I don't think I can trust anything anyone says anymore." He said sadly.

Wow, and I thought I was dramatic.

We continued walking and eventually came up to the ice cream stand.

"One cookie and cream cone please." The person manning the station nodded and walked away.

After Percy and Jackson ordered I went to pay but Percy got there first.

"I got it!" He exclaimed, winking at me.

"Thanks." I licked the cone, it tasted way better than ol' Dairy Queen.

We walked up the boardwalk cones in hand chatting about useless stuff. Eventually I checked my phone and it was getting kind of late.

"Hey I think I should go."

Percy nodded, "wanna switch numbers and meet up later?" He quirked. I nodded.

"YES! Percy we made a new friend! I'm so excited!" Jackson said jumping up and down.

I just stared.

Percy laughed at my face. "You get used to his oddness."

We switched our numbers and headed our separate ways. Maybe Jackson was right, making new friends was fun.