Chapter 7 - What's Going On?

Start from the beginning

Dylan sighed, "You're my sister, Soph. I'm just trying to look out for you."

I smiled slightly, "Yeah and I love you, but I really don't think you need to worry."

Dylan nodded curtly, "Okay, I guess I trust you."

I giggled, "Don't you mean 'I whole heartedly trust you Soph'?"

Dylan ruffled his hair and smirked, "Fine, I whole heartedly trust you.. Sophia."

I playfully hit him, "You know I hate being called Sophia."

Dylan chuckled and poked his tongue out at me, "Yeah, I know."

------------------------------------------------------------

It was Tuesday. The day of my coffee date with Fred. Needless to say, I was actually pretty excited.

I just had to get through a day of school first.

I wanted to wear something cute and casual to our coffee date, so I put on one of my favorite outfits to wear to school.

Fred and I had swapped numbers after track yesterday, and he had texted me last night, asking if I had wanted to meet for Starbucks after school. Of course, I had texted back yes. I couldn't decide whether I liked Fred more than friend or not. He was definitely a great guy, but I didn't know whether he was more 'friend' material or 'boyfriend' material.

"Girl, you should get on that, he is totally one of the most popular boys in freshmen year," Emma exclaimed when I told her on the way to homeroom.

I giggled, "Yeah, but I'm not interested in him because he's popular!"

Emma shrugged, "Who cares, besides, if you date him, it will seriously piss off Aubrey."

"That's always a bonus," I said with a wink.

Emma also disliked Aubrey, especially after Aubrey had taunted Emma for two years during middle school when Emma had braces and glasses. Now, Emma had straight teeth and wore contacts, so thankfully, the teasing had stopped. I guess Aubrey had always kind of disliked me because I stuck up for Emma whenever Aubrey picked on her.

Homeroom was the same as always, except that Fred and I spoke to each other much more comfortably. I was a little weirded out when I felt eyes on me, and I turned around to see Michael almost glaring at Fred and I. He looked away once I noticed however, and went back to play with Jessica's fake blonde hair.

Great. I bet Dylan has put Michael up to spy on me. I would not be surprised.

Once homeroom ended, I went to Calculus and English. Surprisingly, Fred walked me to each of my classes. We chatted easily along the way. I was definitely beginning to feel more comfortable with him.

During lunch break, I ran into Emily in the cafetaria line.

"Hey freshman," she .exclaimed with a grin.

"Hey Emily," I replied with a smile.

We talked quickly about our days, before we were rudely interrupted by Jessica bumping into Emily.

"Whoops, I'm so sorry," Jessica exclaimed fakely as she glared at Emily.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry you can't see through those fake lashes of yours," Emily shot back with a smirk.

I giggled at Emily's comeback, causing Jessica to notice me.

"Soph, what are you doing, hanging out with her? You could do way better, you know," Jessica said with a wide smile.