One.

"You tell me that you're sad and lost your way

You tell me that your tears are here to stay

But I know you were only hiding

And I just wanna see ya"

------------

{Luna}

The highlight of every year for me is driving up to Williamsport for the little league World Series. It's basically my second home.

Being there reminds me of the memories I had with my mom before she passed on. My fondest moment of being there with my mom was in 2010 and though I was only 8, I remember this moment almost as clear as day. We snuck into Volunteer stadium after hours and my mom set down a blanket in right field. Then we laid down on the blue blanket and just stared at the millions of stars, but especially the moon.

My mom loved the moon almost as much as me. That's how I got my name, Luna.

She thought it would be a bit weird to just call me 'moon' so she named me Luna. My name is the only thing I have left of my mom, besides coming back to the little league World Series.

I guess that's why I'm still breathing today.

-

"Come on Luna! It's your favorite part of coming back here" my dad says after parking in the parking lot for the grove "unpacking"

I give him a small smile and unbuckle my seat belt.

We always come eight days before the LLWS starts, and the players come seven days before it starts.

Usually the guys are very kind to me, but I don't bother getting in there way while their here (besides taking pictures with them).

I walk to the back of our black truck and then I'm handed my box that is filled of all the things I need while I'm here.

"You can head up to your dorm...there are no girls this year so you have it to yourself." He says after shutting the back of the truck.

"It's fine...I'd rather be alone" I say and move some of my dark hair out of my face.

"I'll be in my office at headquarters, and if you need me or anyone you have all our numbers" he says and points to a building to the right of us.

"Okay I'll just unpack, and then I'll drive over to headquarters" I say, and what I mean when I said

I'll drive over to headquarters is that I'll drive a golf cart because it's a little far and down hill from the dorms.

I learned how to drive a golf cart three years ago. It's pretty handy when I have to go place to place.

"And Luna" my dad says before sitting down in a golf cart "please don't do anything that will make me regret leaving you alone."

"I won't..." I say and shake my head "promise..."

The second year after my mom died I began to harm myself because in some twisted way it made all the pain and all the sadness go away temporarily. My dad saw my scars this year, and ever since then he has be very protective of me, but he still gives me my space which I am grateful for.

He drives down towards headquarters leaving me alone by the dorms, cafeteria, pool, hangout area, so basically the section sectioned off for the players only.

I walk toward the dorm only for the girl little leaguers( that are playing in the guys league) , but in this case for me. I stay here in this dorm every summer. Last year I was lucky enough to have two other girls with me, but this year it's just me.