Chapter 7 - Meeting Her

Beginne am Anfang

"Where have you been?" Jason asked.

"I was busy, bouncing around the foster system as an 7 year old." She replied with iciness in her voice.

"I'm sorry." He said with sincerity. She looked away. "I thought you were dead."

"Me too." She sniffled.

"Does anyone want to explain anything to me?" Maria's English accent broke through the conversation. Jason quickly glanced over to her, but looked to his sister, not wanting to let her out of his sight.

He didn't want to losing his last living blood-family member.

"She's my sister. I thought she was dead." Maria understood and excuses herself from the area.

"What happened?" Jason asked once Maria was out of the vicinity to his sister, in a demanding voice. Lyndsy was speechless for a moment, but regained her voice.

"Some guy told me my family was dead." She answered.

"Do you realize how suspicious that sounds?" Jason asked incredulously.

"I was seven!" She exclaimed and punched his shoulder as if they were children again, "And I'm sure lied about his identity."

Unexpectedly, he trapped her in a hug and whispered into her hair, "I am never letting you go again."

"You do realize how cheesy that sounds?" Lyndsy asked with a small laugh. "Don't you have work to do also?" She sniffled once they broke out of their second embrace.

Lyndsy sighed and said, "I'd hate to ruin the moment, but I have to go back with my group and you have to teach and stuff." She said in an awkward manner.

"No." He said, his protective side showing, "You can stay in my office until I get back."

"But whyyyy?" Lyndsy whined.

"We both know you don't even like these tours and would rather stay on my office watching cat videos."

"True, but we both know you watch try not to laugh or grin videos to strengthen your poker face." Lyndsy glared in a playful way, "It's been 10 minutes and you're already bossing me around."

"Office, now." He ordered, "I have to talk to Maria about us."

"Okay Mr. Bossypants." She mumbled, "Password?" She asked.

"Guess it."

"And if I don't guess right?"

"Ask Maria."

"Okay bye!"

He walked towards Maria who was on the phone with his manager to talk about Lyndsy and Jason's situation. Onlookers looked at the two in confusion to why the emotionless, cold, billionaire was just hugging a girl who seemed to have a lower financial status than him.

Lyndsy walked into the office and looked at all the awards and the photos on the shelves. A particular photo caught her eye. It was a picture of Jason and his friends in high school. She recognized one of his friends as Ryder, the guy who was hungover in the supply closet, she grinned at the memory of his annoyed expression as she woke him up.

The next person was who she thought was Mark. Mark was her brother from a another mother. He helped her with homework because Jason was usually too busy and he was bad explaining everything. That clearly changed, she thought thinking of how successful he's been with all those business deals.

She bit her lip and set the picture down and went to the expensive looked laptop on the desk and guessed the password until it worked. She figured out the password after remembering his old one that she memorized as a 7 year old when using his password.

Jason back then was like a child genius.

She momentarily forgot that this wasn't her own room, so when the awkward personal assistant with what seemed like a stuttering problem came in, she was surprised. "U-uh hel-hello." The assistant said, disturbing her funny cat video, and looked down.

Lyndsy snorted and laughed, "That's hilarious. So, you have the coffee?" She asked and set her feet on the table. The assistant sprung into action and set the caramel frappuccino from Starbucks that she asked the assistant to buy using her older brother's credit card.

"A-anything else?" The assistant asked.

"Yeah, what's your name?" Lyndsy asked and sipped on her drink and looked at her expectantly.

"A-Aubrey." She said, still looking at her feet.

"I'm going to call you Bree." Lyndsy said, "And, do you have a stuttering problem? And please stop looking at you feet, I'm right here." She questioned.

"U-Umm, I have-I have to go." She said and hurriedly walked or speed walked away .

"Okay! See you later!" Lyndsy said fake enthusiasm and a sarcastic smile and waved her bye.

Jason walked over to Maria who was arguing on the phone with his manager. She noticed that Jason was walking over and told his manager to stick it up there and hung up.

"What's going on?" Jason asked.

"Trevor demands a blood test." Maria said, exasperated.

"He doesn't believe that she's my sister?" Jason asked. "I'd think that I would recognize my own sister."

"I don't know Jason, there is plastic surgery." She said and crossed her arms, "Trevor thinks that she is a spy from another competing company that may have told her to gather information and and pay her off."

"She looks harmless." Jason gestured to the girl in his office through the window of his office. She was laughing at something on the screen.

"Well, Trevor is paranoid." Maria said.

"When do we have to do it?" Jason asked.

"Now is a good time." She replied, "Since you still have to talk to the teenagers and answer questions."

"What about Lyndsy's group?" He asked.

"They're in the lobby, doing something." Maria answered.

"That's reassuring." He murmured.

"Get your sister and go to the hospital, I'll meet you there." Maria dismissively said and walked off yelling at one of her clients after her phone rang.

Jason walked away and to his office. His assistant, Aubrey was walking out nervously, looking at the floor.

He wondered why she was so nervous all the time.

He knocked on the door and and called her name. She looked up from her video and paused it.

"Um, we need a blood test." Jason bluntly said. Lyndsy's eye's widened for a split second before answering.

"Sure." She said.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukah, or Have a Nice day! Depending on where you are it is Christmas, but I am in the US, so yeah. Hope you like it!