4.) The Realization

"What's up guys?" Tony greeted his friends in the tv room. "How was the convention?"

"Ah Man of Iron, I am surprised to see you up and fully rested so early... And not drunk either." Thor snickered.

"Ha ha very funny." Tony mocked.

"Yeah what's up with that?" Natasha chuckled to Bruce. "What's up with you Tony? Something weird is going on, I can tell."

"Man, can't I be up at a decent time and in a good mood without being interrogated?" Tony joked.

"Whatever Stark. Anyone want anything to eat? I'm starving." Steve announced.

"Where's Clint?" Tony wondered.

"He's with his wife and kids, he should be back in a few days. He never gets to see them so while it's calm he thought it would be the best time." Natasha answered.

"Oh, ok. Well no one answered me before so I'll ask again, how was the convention?" Tony felt like a broken record.

"Not as interesting as I was hoping; pretty uneventful." Bruce admitted.

"Well I'm ignoring all of you and I'm making pizza." Everyone chuckled at Cap. Tony wanted to say something... But not yet. He needed to find the right time.

                                  .     .     .

Later that evening everyone was lounging around watching cheesy horror movies. Natasha was cuddled up next to Bruce and Steve and Thor were eating more pizza from earlier. Tony laughed in his head. He looked at the empty space next to him and thought of Pepper. He missed her company, but not actually dating her. She was a lot of work. Tony glanced over at Natasha and Bruce; "get a room you two, gross." Natasha stuck her tongue out at Tony and Bruce flipped him the bird. The group continued to watch movies, drink, joke and eat while the night went on. Inconveniently JARVIS interrupted.

"Mr. Stark, it seems your guest is troubled. You may want to check on him."

"Fuck." Tony muttered under his breath. "Ok thank you JARVIS." He was in deep shit now. How could have he forgotten? He got a look from all of them.

"What is going on?" Steve glared.

"Who's the guest?" Natasha growled.

"Why didn't you tell us you were having someone over?" Bruce wondered.

"Look give me a minute, I'll be right back. Tony scrambled off and the other Avengers were weary. They all have each other a look. Tony quickly went to Loki's room and struggled to open the door. He had locked him out. Tony banged on the door. "Hey you ok in there Lokes?" Tony asked loud enough but not too loud. He didn't want to barge in but he couldn't stand the noise coming from in his room. "JARVIS get this door opened please." Tony tried to stay calm.

"As you wish Sir." And with that he heard a click and could open the door. He didn't see Loki right away, but he could hear him. Screaming coming from the closet. Tony threw the closet door open to find Loki in fetal position screaming in Norse or something Asgardian he assumed. Tony ran over to Loki swiftly.

"Hey Loki, Loki, it's ok, it's ok calm down. Talk to me, I'm here. I'm here. It's Stark." He gently rubbed his back. Loki was having a panic attack and Tony had no idea what to do.

"What the fuck is this?!?" Natasha squealed.

"Shit no, this isn't what it looks like, please let me explain." Tony freaked. Natasha barged in and grabbed Loki and pulled him up by his shirt collar. "If you know what's good for you, you better get the hell out of here if you want to live." She hissed. Tony regretfully pushed her off of Loki. "I can explain leave him alone." He shouted.

"Natasha leave him be, go downstairs I'll take care of it." Bruce remained calm and pulled her off of Tony and Loki.

"Brother?! What are you doing here? Man of Iron what is wrong with my brother, what did you do to him?" Thor shouted.

"Everyone leave him be I will explain later." Tony sneered. Thor grabbed Natasha and left Bruce and Tony with his brother. Loki shook, tears running down his face. He was hyperventilating and was still mumbling. If his attack was bad before, it was much worse now. Loki clawed to Tony so tight he drew blood in his arm. "Bruce do you have anything that can calm him down? I don't know what to do!" Tony questioned.

"Yes, make sure he knows he is safe, I will be back as soon as possible." And with that Bruce was already out of the room.

"Shh, Loki, shh. You're ok, you're safe."

"Please, make it stop, please." Loki cried into Tony's shoulder gripping his arm even tighter. If Loki gripped him any tighter Tony was afraid he wouldn't have an arm anymore.

"Shh it's on you are safe. You are safe." Tony pushed Loki's hair out of his face and grabbed his face between both of his hands and made him look at him. "You. Are. Safe. Here. It's me, Stark." He said slow and stern to make sure Loki could grasp what he was saying. Tony felt bad now. He had no idea what Loki had gone through but whatever it was, it wasn't good. Bruce barged back in the room with a syringe and needle. Loki thrashed out of Tony's grip and away from Bruce. His screams got louder.

"Please, leave me be I'm sorry, please." He covered his face with his hands. Bruce managed to pin him down and inject him with the liquid. In just a mere few seconds Loki's eyes rolled back into his head and he crumbled to the floor.

"What was that?" Tony asked, concerned.

"A sedative. Should knock him out for the night. Here help me carry him to his bed." The two men carried the God to his bed and covered him with a blanket. "You have a lot of explaining to do." Bruce choked out, breathing heavily.

"Yeah, I do."