I Saved Him

Saving The One

 When I first saw him, I knew he was the one for me. His beautiful hazel eyes were so captivating, I could stare at him all day. He's what I've been waiting for the last twenty years, he was all I wanted from now on. His hair is pitch black, I wanted to run my hands through his hair so bad. His lips looked so kissable, I craved to kiss those sexy lips of his. He caught me staring and stared into my eyes as well, a smile spread across my face because he wasn't looking away from me.

Suddenly I gasped, when I saw a truck flying around the corner heading towards him. The driver had lost control, he was going to be crushed to death if I didn't do something about it. I took off as fast as a tornado toward him, I wanted to save him.

I pushed him against his car with one hand and had my other hand stretched out waiting for the truck, which I was going to stop. The truck made contact with my hand a few seconds later, a dent formed in the truck about the size of my hand. I looked over my shoulder at him, he didn't look surprised at all. I started wonder if he knew I was a vampire; well, I'm actually part human part vampire. I feel the warmth of his body under my hand, I sigh in content knowing he was still alive because of me.

I pulled my hand away from him and let it drop to my side, I turn around to stare at him. He asked, “Why did you save me?” That wasn't the question I thought he was going to ask, I thought he would ask how I got to him so fast. I replied to his question, “You were worth saving.” Then I asked him, “What is your name?” He answered, “My name is Thomas Evens.” I said, “My name is Cassie Anderson.”

Before I walked away I placed a kiss on his cheek, then ran away so that I wouldn't get spotted at the site of the accident. I hid in the wooded area nearby and watched as two ambulances appeared in the Saint Attika's University parking lot.

 The driver was pulled out of the truck and placed on a stretcher, before sending him on his way to the hospital. Thomas tried to deny his and said that he didn't get hurt, he didn't tell them about me. They forced him against his will and put him on the stretcher, then he was sent on his way to the hospital. I decided I would go to the hospital, I knew I would be able to control my thirst; I never once drank human blood.