back baby.

Fumbling with my keys, I unlocked the front door and Johnson stumbled in after me. He was being supported by Jack, but pushed away wanting to be independent, not the smartest thing my older brother has done if I'm being honest. He tumbled on the floor, cursing under his breath.

"Bet you're regretting those drinks now aren't ya." I said in a sarcastic tone. He simply groaned in response. Jack closed the door and locked up. I placed my keys on the island and put my hair up.

"I'm going to put him to bed." Jack said. I simply nodded and watched as he carried my older brother to his room. I grabbed a bottle of water, and made my way to my bathroom. I immediately washed my face off, watching as with each swipe of the wipe, a small piece of confidence was taken with it. Wipe after wipe, my confident facade was taken away. Now don't get me wrong, I love not wearing makeup and embracing the natural beauty I have, but makeup gave me that extra push I always needed. After that I showered, and threw my hair into a half up half down. After putting on a t-shirt (which I soon realized was Jacks) and some shorts I decided to watch Netflix on the tv in the living room because it was huge. After grabbing a bottle of water, some almonds and grapes I was set. Young and hungry began playing on my TV. After about three episodes I knew I was not going to stop any time soon, then I realized it was thunder storming outside. Our place had giant Windows, but the blinds were closed so I hadn't noticed. Terror soon overcame me, but I remained my composure.

"You're safe inside.." I whispered making my way to my room, too scared to be alone in the living room. Just as I made myself comfortable, my night side table light went out, along with the rest of the lights in the building.

"Oh.. This is great" I said before going under my covers.

--------------
Jacks POV.
After getting Johnson situated, I showered and handled my stuff. Lia took over the living room tv, so I just stayed in my room scrolling on my phone. I realized it was soon about 3 am. Also that it was thundering. Lia always flipped when it was raining, but since the power was on, I didn't think she had anything to worry about. Then in that instant the power went out. I held my chuckle in, and decided to go check on her. Opening her door quietly, I saw her curled under her blanket, and my heart immediately swelled.

"Lia?" I asked. She popped her head out, and I could see straight terror on her face.

"You okay?" I asked.

"No... You know how I get" she said in a trembling voice. It was actually cute, because for the first time in a while she seemed vulnerable.

"Do you want me to go?" I asked. She shook her head and moved over.

"I can't be alone.." She whispered. I walked in and shut the door behind me, remembering to lock it because of her fear of an intruder.

"Why didn't you lock it?" I asked

"I was hoping you or Johnson would come check on me.." She admitted. I nodded and removed my shirt, considering I could NOT sleep with one. I made myself comfortable and we just stared at each other silently for a few moments. It was strange, being with her in a bed after forever, well what seemed like forever.

"How about we play the question game?" I asked, knowing it would help get her mind off things.

"Gosh that game, I haven't played it since like 8th grade" she said smiling. The question game was something we made up to play at lunch and parties. It was the dumbest middle school game, but it kept us entertained

"Is that a yes?" I asked. She bit her lip and smiled even more.

"I guess" she said. After a few basic questions, I looked at her,

"If you've always loved New York, why didn't you stay there? I'm beyond happy you're back, but why did you come back?" I asked. She sighed slightly , but moved closer, as if to make it easier for me to hear

"New York was absolutely amazing.. The people the scenery.. Everything. It was a feeling of unknowing you know? But it was the best feeling... But after a while... I got lost.. I would go out to get my mind off the fact that I was adopted.. Off the fact that everyone lied about it.. Off the fact that even you kept it from me.. Then the fact that you cheated.. It was like nothing there could fill my void.. I missed my real friends like Christy, Rae and Liv.. I love Maggie don't get me wrong.. But still.. I missed my family... I missed everything. I missed being home." She whispered. I knew that was the end of it.

"Are you happy to be home?" I asked.

"Beyond happy.." She whispered

"My turn.." She whispered.

"Okay shoot." I said.

"What does your tattoo mean?" She asked. I inhaled a deep breath.

"Well.. After you left, I did stupid shit.. And I regret it.. But I would look back at old memories of us, and being with my family an friends.. Made me forget it all.. My tattoo is Egyptian.. It means made me forget. " I said. Her eyes seemed to grow wider with each word I would speak.

"I'm sorry.. If I pushed you toward anything.." She whispered. I shook my head

"Don't worry.. I've forgotten it all.. Hopefully I can help you do the same.." I said. I could see her trying to hide a smile

"Maybe.." She whispered. Smiling, I lightly kissed her head and covered her.

"Goodnight baby.." I whispered. She didn't even bother to correct me

"Good night Jack.." She said, before we both drifted off to sleep.

----------
WOW im finally updating! Sorry for the hella long wait! School had just been insane!! But I'll be right back on it! I'm back. Please remember to vote and comment! Thanks guys!

- xhalegilinsky x