I haven't talked to Shawn as much as I probably should have over the past two weeks. My mom stayed in the hospital for about a week more and then was able to come home. Chloe had gotten surgery later that same day Tyler and I visited her. Shes now healthy and eats more than ever. She has a scar on her stomach but she calls it her battle scar and somehow gets all sorts of special treatment because of it. All is good. Shawn knew the current situation everyone was in and he had called me and I was able to tell him over the phone.

He was very supportive, of course and didn't hesitate in assuring me that everything was going to be okay.
Today was the day he was coming home. Honestly my stomach was in knots.
I woke up early that morning and looked over my appearance in the mirror. My hair was in a messy bun and there were bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep I've been getting recently.
I hopped in the shower and let the hot water run down my back and soothe my soar muscles.
When I was done washing my hair and body I began to shave my legs and then I used a body scrub before getting out.
I put lotion on my legs and put some products in my hair before blow drying it and straightening it.
Then I began with my makeup. I did foundation, powder, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and lip gloss.
When I was all done I looked over my whole appearance in the mirror. When I was pleased with the way I looked I went downstairs.
As I descended down the stairs a particular sight caught my eye.
I felt tears fill my eyes instantly.
I ran the rest of the way down the stairs jumping into his arms.
His warm, strong arms immediately embraced me.
He rubbed the back of my head with his hand, his fingers getting entangled in it.
"It's okay baby girl." He whispered. "I'm here now."

-1 Month Later-

Things have been good in my life for once. Shawn's home, Nash is coming for graduation in a couple weeks. I've gotten accepted to a college in the States. Shawn got accepted as well and he swears he's coming.
Our relationship has never been better. I guess distance really does make the heart grow fonder. We hang out pretty much everyday. We'll stay at his house one night and then mine another night.
Currently I was sitting on the couch in Shawn's basement. His arm was wrapped around me pulling me closer to him.
We were watching a movie and the main character was about to die when it was rudely interrupted.
Shawn's phone rang knocking me out of my daze and causing me to focus on him.
"I've got to take this." He said.
"Who is it?" I asked.
He ignored my question as he stood up.
I exhaled loudly leaning back as he walked away.
I heard a few exasperated sighs and "no's" that were whisper yelled.
A few minutes later he came back running a hand through his hair.
"Everything Okay babe?" I asked as he sat back down.
"Mhm.." He hummed as he wrapped his arm back around me.
"You sure?" I asked turning to face him.
He nodded. "Can you just turn the movie back on?"
"Of course." I whispered.
I hit play and my eyes traveled from the screen to my lap.
His right hand sat on his lap.
I picked it up and began playing with his fingers.
He sighed resting his head on top of mine.
As the credits rolled on the screen I grabbed my phone to check the time.
"What time is it?" Shawn grumbled.
"7 o'clock." I responded.
"Are you hungry?" He asked.
"I could eat." I said simply.
He chuckled grabbing his phone.
"What do you want?"
"I don't care."
He groaned.
"You always say that."
"You pick and I'll tell you if I don't want it."
"Pizza?"
"Sure." I said.
"Your no fun." He pouted.
I giggled lightly pecking his lips as he dialed the pizza place.
After he placed the order I sat up straight grabbing his hands and looking into his eyes.
"Yes?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"Who was on the phone earlier? You seemed kind of upset."
"It was Just Geoff." He said.
I raised an eyebrow.
"He got this new game I wanted."
"What game?"
"Uh..." He stumbled for words.
"Shawn..."
"I don't want to talk about it okay?" He snapped.
"Fine." I huffed sitting back the way I was.
I grabbed my phone and began texting Chloe.
Shawn pinched my side making me squirm and stuff my face into him.
"Hey listen." He whispered. "I'm sorry."
"About what?" I turned so I was on my back on his lap looking up at him.
"For snapping at you."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself up to meet his lips.
"It's fine." I whispered.
His lips met mine.
This kiss was different. It was filled with passion. More than I had ever felt with Shawn before.
"God." He breathed. He opened his mouth as if he were gonna say something else but decided against it.
His lips moved down my neck and his fingers fumbled with the buttons on my flannel.
"Shawn-" I breathed.
"Hmm?" He hummed against my skin.
"We can't do anything." I explained.
Somehow amidst it all he had gotten on top if me.
"I don't care." He growled. (That sounds really scary.)
"Well I do." I pushed him off of me so he was next to me.
I placed a short and sweet kiss on his lips just as the doorbell rang.
"I'll get that." I whispered.
I stood up making my way to the stairs.
"Babe." He moaned.
"I'll be right back." I assured him.
"No wait." He yelled.
I turned around facing the back of the couch. He rough fingers reach out grabbing my shirt and pulling me closer.
He then began to button up my shirt covering my bare skin and bra.
"And wait-" He reached in his back pocket grabbing his wallet and handing it to me.
I smiled as I took it from him and headed up stairs.
I paid the pizza man using Shawn's money, grabbed the box, and headed back downstairs.
Shawn was on the phone again.
I placed the box on the table.
I sat down on the couch and opened the box grabbing a slice and taking a bite.
As I swallowed he plopped down on the couch next to me.
"Everything good?" I asked.
He nodded grabbing a slice of pizza and taking a bite.
We spent the rest of the night like any other.
Hanging out, watching movies, cuddling, kissing, and eating.
We had fallen asleep on the basement couch.
We usually don't sleep in but today we did.
Only not for long because Shawn's phone rang at 9 am.
"Shawn..." I grumbled rolling over on top of him.
"Turn it offff..."
He groaned grabbing his phone and pausing before turning it on mute and setting it back down.
"Who was it?" I asked.
"No one." He responded.
"You know-" I said sitting up. "You've been getting a lot of calls from no one recently."
"It's no one okay babe?"
"Shawn you can get mad at me all you want but your hiding something from me."
He sighed taking a deep breath.
"I don't want to talk about it okay?"
"Okay when's a good time? Noon? 1?"
He cracked a smile closing his eyes.
"I'll leave." I whispered in his ear. "And meet you in the park at noon." He nodded keeping his eyes closed.
Before getting up I added:
"Whatever it is you can tell me. I love you."
-The Park-
I sat on the swing kicking the gravel underneath my feet.
"Hey." I heard Shawn's voice behind me.
I stood up turning to face him.
He engulfed me in a hug before sitting on the swing next to mine. We turned to face each other.
"I got a record deal." He explained.
"That's great!" I exclaimed.
"It includes going on tour though Brooke." I looked down.
"Which means leaving you." He continued. "And I don't want to do that."
"You have to." I explained.
"No I don't."
"Shawn you have to."
"Damn it this is why I didn't want to talk to you!" He stood up his swing getting tangled.
"Shawn." I reasoned standing up as well.
He looked down.
"I know." He whispered.
"Are you gonna be okay when I leave though?"
I looked down knowing I wouldn't be but not wanting to lie to him.
"Come with me!" He reasoned.
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because my mother would never go for that. She wants me to go to college and honestly I kind of do too."
He looked down sitting back on the swing.
I did the same.
-Third Person-
The next words that came out of his mouth broke them both in ways that can't be written down no matter how hard someone tries.
"Maybe it would be best if we broke up."
His heart shattered at the words that came out of his mouth, his own mouth.
But once they were said he knew they couldn't be taken back.
"Maybe." She whispered. Her voice was barely audible as tears blurred her vision.
The thought of them forever was one that had always made them both happier than anything else in the world could.
The ring, he had given her was forever. It was supposed to be that way.
The necklace said she would never be alone but these objects had no comparison to the sweet nothing's he had whispered in her ear assuring her everything would be alright.
Her heart shattered as she sat there on that swing.
She gently took the ring off of her finger and necklace off her neck.
She walked over to him opening his hand and placing them inside. She ran her fingers through his hair one last time and placed a kiss on his lips.
"I told you promised were meant to be broken." She choked out centimeters from his lips.
He pulled her lips to his once again.
"Don't leave me." He whispered.
"I have to." She whispered. "You suggested it after all."
"Then let me be the one who walks away." He whispered.
He stood up placing her on the swing and walking away before any more words could be said.

ITS OVER!!!!! IM SO SAD!! That last part gave me the feels. 😂I'm not going to mark this as completed until I post the first chapter to the next book.
(Yes there's a second book.)
Everyone does happy dance. 💃💃
But anyways vote, and please comment your opinion on the overall book.
It would mean the world to me.
This book has come so far and I'm so proud of it.
So thanks to everyone who stuck around!
-Kassidi