Five

"Cato Marcellus!" Cato laughed as he sprinted across the Training Center, a very angry Clove hot on his heels. Enobaria, one of the Victors that oversaw and assisted with training, rolled her eyes and turned back to her conversation with two of the trainers and another Victor.

Cato reached the nets and started to climb, but he didn't have half the experience with it or the speed that Clove did, so he climbed halfway up before dropping to the floor and running again. Clove, having anticipated the move, dropped down right behind him and hopped onto his back before he could run. Laughing, Cato swung her around and off of his back. Well, he tried to swing her off, but Clove held on tight.

Jake, Saylee and I were in hysterics. Jake had dropped his spear and was bent over, laughing at his girlfriend and his best friend. Saylee was on her knees, face pressed to the cool floor, and I was (surprisingly) still on my feet, clutching my aching sides. I didn't think I'd ever laughed so hard or smiled so much.

"All right, all right," Lyme shouted, drawing attention to my friends. "That's enough, you two. Marcellus, put her down."

Clove slid down his back. "But Lyme," Cato whined like a small child. He knew her well enough to do it and not be reprimanded or put through another impromptu session of the Breaking. She was practically his relative, but then again, I didn't know a Victor that wasn't Cato's relative, blood or not.

"Don't you but Lyme me, Marcellus. This isn't a place for goofing off." Despite him being seventeen and only an inch or so shorter, she ruffled his messy hair. He looked totally done with that day, his black training pants hanging a little loose and his black, red, and silver shirt wrinkled and messy. He didn't even swat at her hand. "Also, your grandfather wants you to visit soon. He's seen all of your siblings except you in the past month." She scowled at him.

"Tell him I'll come over before the week is finished." He said. "I've been busy."

"Too busy for family," I heard her huff. She gave him a light shove. "Get back to training."

He grinned and started towards Saylee and I. "Victors these days, am I right?" He shook his head and twirled the knife in his hand that had started the great chase across the Training Center. I thought a few girls behind him nearly swooned.

Saylee rolled her eyes. "If you keep doing that, that group of thirteen-year-olds is going to faint."

"They're too young for me." He said, rolling his eyes. "I'll go two years at most." He looked at me and winked.

"Douchebag," Saylee grumbled. "Go train."

"Okay, mother." He snorted. "Go blow your darts."

"Word it like that again and I'll cut off your man parts." She gave him an icy glare and shoved past to practice something other than what Cato had suggested.

He shrugged and twirled the knife again. "She'll have to catch me first."

"You act like you're fast." I snorted. "Friendly reminder that Clove, Saylee and I can all outrun you."

He leaned closer, still grinning. "Friendly reminder that I don't care."

"Go beat someone with a sword or something."

He laughed. "That's all you've got?"

"All I could think of at this moment. Give me a day or two and I'll come up with something better." I shoved him away. "Now go. Before I decide to behead you." I spun the ax in my hand for emphasis before throwing it in the direction of the target. I wasn't looking, but I knew that it hit the center.

He pointed over his shoulder and took a step back. "I think I'm going to go."

"Good idea."

"I'll be practicing my camouflage."

"Another good idea." I shook my head, grinning, and returned to my training.