Partners, Old and New

The tense atmosphere in the room was slowly crushing Aiko Uzumaki as she waited for her turn to take the graduation Exam. With the last name she and Naruto had, they would be the last ones to go, and she was stuck watching her brother slowly beat himself up. This would be his fourth time taking the graduation exam, and he feared that the outcome would be the same as usual.

Honestly, his sister feared the same thing. She still hadn't seen him do the clone jutsu successfully. If he could not do this, it meant he had to be a student until the next test, and this time she wasn't staying behind with him. 

Aiko walked over to her shaking brother, hugging him from behind. "If you're shaking like that, you wont be able to focus," she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder. She watched as yet another person's name was called, not letting go. 

Naruto turned in her arms, hugging her back, "thank you, sis. Thank you for believing in me."

Aiko forced a smile, and nodded. "What kind of sister would I be if I didn't believe in you?"

"Yea.. Good point."

She let him go and backed away. "Why don't you practice your jutsu while you're waiting?" She suggested, causing him to nod again. "Yea, alright."

Aiko wandered back to her spot, grabbing the book she was reading.. And no it is not Icha Icha.. Perverts.. She was reading an old mystery that Enid had given her recently. We are getting off track her.

Aiko was so invested in the book, she didn't notice the growing group of kids around her until the book is slapped out of her hands.

"Hey loser! Think you can just act like your better than everyone else?"

Aiko looked up calmly, "I do not know what you're talking about. I do not."

The same kid scoffed, "Yea right! You're doing it now! Think you're better because you've had jonin train you? I could take you any day!"

Aiko simply raised her eyebrows. "Could you now? I, for one, would love to see that. Though, if you did fight me, I wouldn't hold back. I may even kill you."

The kid shrunk back, his face showing a hint of disgust and fear. "Freak! You really think you could kill me?! I challenge you to a fight! After this test is over!" His confidence surprised the girl, and she nodded, allowing a sneer to appear on her face.

"Alright. But, if anything happens, I refuse to allow it to be my responsibility."

"Yea, like anything's going to happen! See you then, freak!"

Either the boy wanted a death wish, or he was just plain stupid, because he shoved her to the ground before walking away. Aiko stood, watching him go with his friends, suddenly excited for the fight. 

Naruto walked over to her, eyes wide. "You wont really kill him, right sis?"

She looked at him calmly. "I would. Maybe then, people will finally realize that it isn't a good idea to get physical with me. I guess giving them a bruise or two doesn't scare them anymore. Oh well."

He backed away slowly, his own eyes showing fear. Honestly, that fear caused a pang of hurt to stab at her heart. "But, to kill him is cruel!"

"Life is cruel, Naruto. You know any of them would kill us given the chance, besides, you're training to be a shinobi. Killing is in our job description. Deal with it."

With that said, Aiko stood and walked away, leaving a room of shivering people behind her. A teacher stopped her, "Where do you think you're going?"