Years 6-12

I am back, with chapter 2! I'm about to be honest, I know I always say stuff about reviews and stuff, but I honestly couldn't care less. All I care about is the fact that I can put my imagination into words. I like that I can create my own version of art. So, readers, thank you for reading my story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Year 6~

Aiko Uzumaki stood in a defensive stance, prepared for the attack sure to come. Her fallen comrades lay around her, kunai embedded into their backs. She had been the only one to see the attack coming, and the only quick enough to block the it.

Without warning, 10 enemy shinobi made their presence known, jumping out of the surrounding brush to attack, kunai raised. Aiko quickly pulled out two kunai, one in each hand, and defended. The sound of metal on metal rang through the air, again and again. 

Slowly but surely, Aiko struck down the many shinobi, but not without a cost. By the time her enemies were dead, she had taken many hits. She lay against a tree, breathing heavily. The ground around her turning red from the blood seeping from her wounds.

"Aiko!"

She looked up at the distant voice, blinking. She had heard that voice somewhere, but where?

"Aiko! Aiko wake up!"

She gasped and lurched up, blinking sleep out of her eyes. "Wha?" She turned her head to the side to see her brother looking at her, holding in laughter. 

"You were freaking out in your sleep, silly," Naruto said, giggling. "Must have been one crazy dream."

"It was.."

She got out of bed, standing and walking into the bathroom to do her morning business. Afterwards, the small girl left the small apartment. Today was another day of training with Itachi, and he had told her that he had something special planned. She was excited to see what it was, ready for it. It had been awhile since anything special had happened to her. Really, everything was as usual, the taunting and hate thrown her way, just like everyday.

She arrived her their usual training ground to see her sensei leaning against a tree, eyes closed and a look of calm on his face. In his hand was a piece of plain white paper. He seemed to be lost in thought, though that wasn't unusual for him. He always seemed to have a lot on his mind. 

"Sensei!" She called, causing him to look up. He smiled, stepping away from the tree and towards his student. 

"Good morning, Aiko," He said upon reaching her. Aiko being Aiko, simply bounced around. "What's the special thing you planned Itachi-sensei? I wanna know!" Said boy just chuckled, shaking his head. 

"What have I taught you?" He asked in a mock-stern voice, causing the oblivious girl to freeze and look down.

"That one must almost always be patient... Sorry, Itachi-sensei." She said, looking ashamed.

"Now onto what I planned.." Itachi held up the paper he was holding. "Do you know what this is?" 

"It's just paper..."

"Wrong, it's chakra paper, used to see what element, or elements, your chakra is."

Aiko nodded, suddenly interested in the seemingly boring paper. "Really? A piece of paper can do that?" In her young mind, things usually needed to look cool to be cool, so this was really unusual to her. Itachi held out the chakra paper for her to take, which she did. "How does it work?"

"Simple, feed your chakra into it," Itachi said, waiting patiently.

"Oh, alright," she said, doing just that. The paper split in half, but at the same time, it crinkled up. "What's that mean?"