Chapter Four/Encounter

(( READ THIS. Okay, there's a glitch in the story and chapter 5 is at the back of the story. It's strange and I can't fix it, but I can let you guys know it's there. ))

Flowey safely behind you, you warily aproach the column. You try in vain to set your fear behind you as you get closer and closer to the end of the hallway, hoping that your former goat mom will leave you and your newfound friend alone.

When you reach the end of the corridor, you sigh in releaf. The soft glow from the next room made you exited to get out of here as soon as possible. You run back to get Flowey. Now, in hindsight that was a bad idea. You're already stumbling through the dark, you should know it's not safe to run. Yet, your urge to get out of the hallway as fast as possible urges you to run to get your friend.

Your foot catches on a lever. You trip, taking the lever down with you. You land on the cold purple bricks with a small "Oof.".

All of a sudden, the corridor lights up in a fiery blaze, torches lighting up simultaneously, causing you to curl up and shield your eyes. After a few seconds, you open your eyes slowly and reach out to grab Flowey's pot before darting out of the corridor with little to no harm done.

That's what you wished happened.

Instead, you get knocked harshly to the wall, dropping Flowey in the process. Reaching up to your arm, you feel a burn mark start to reside on your arm. You, unfortunately, know what that means.

"What a terrible creature, torturing a poor, innocent soul!" Toriel exclaims from the end of the hallway, fireball in hand. "Oh wait, would that horrible creature actually be... me? Oh well! Time for you to die!"

Your soul is ripped out of your body as you're forcefully dragged into battle by your mother. You check your HP to find you've lost 10 HP, between falling and the fire ball she hurled at you. You know this isn't going to be the easiest battle. As strong as you can be, you know you can't dodge forever. But you don't want to hurt Toriel.

You dodge all of her attacks, miraculously. But the thought of winning to her seems like a greater reward than the happiness that comes with life. Her fireballs don't desist in ferocity, they only grow stronger and more accurate with each attack. Yet, you show her nothing but mercy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, human?! Just let me kill you already!" She practically screams, hurling huge fireballs at the general area of my body, "Fight or run away!!! Either way, I'll kill you! Haha!"

You've already been dodging for so long, you think in dismay, you're starting to get tired. So, you choose the second option. Flowey's pot seems to have been broken in the fall, you you pick up the Flower and as much dirt as you can, and run past Toriel.

"Wait, hold up, kid! I didn't mean that you could actually run away! Get back here!" Toriel exclaims obnoxiously before breaking out into a full out sprint after you.

"There's a crack in the wall ahead!" Flowey whispers just loud enough for you to hear, "It's big enough for both of us to fit in. Quickly, though, before she catches up!" As you approach the crack, you see it looks a little small, but you trust Flowey's judgment and jump into the crack.